• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 3: Jaguares v Reds - Buenos Aires Sunday Feb 16 10:00am AEDT

tragic

John Solomon (38)
This is why I just can’t watch this game any more.
One team played all the rugby.
One team got all the penalties and dominated only one facet - the rolling mall.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This is why I just can’t watch this game any more.
One team played all the rugby.
One team got all the penalties and dominated only one facet - the rolling mall.

It's winning rugby 101 at the moment though. It's all the Brumbies have done for the last few years and part of the reason why teams like the Tahs and the Rebels suck - they just don't have the tight 5 to nut out successful mauls.

Mauls are the single greatest weapon in any rugby match and it's fucking boooo00000ooring to watch.

B

Bobby Sands

Hope Brad Thorn in the presser says nothing about the Ref, just says he'll lodge an official complaint then chat about how happy he is with the boys.

We need to enter a complaint and RA should support us. It’s a commercial issue as much as anything else.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It's winning rugby 101 at the moment though. It's all the Brumbies have done for the last few years and part of the reason why teams like the Tahs and the Rebels suck - they just don't have the tight 5 to nut out successful mauls.

Mauls are the single greatest weapon in any rugby match and it's fucking boooo00000ooring to watch.

Maybe it's why no one goes to watch the Brumbies at home despite a 10 match winning streak there.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Discipline really poor from the Reds.

No answer to the rolling maul. Try getting more players in there, or try that not engaging trick, they tried neither.

What is with Thorne not subbing his front row. Tupou and Mafi played 80mins. Why? Sub your front row for fresh legs.

Red really bad at the breakdown too. I feel if they played the Highlanders this week they would lose 90% of their ball at the breakdown. Brumbies are probably the best at the breakdown (thanks Laurie) in the Aus teams but NZ teams are still a level above, they just go hard and compete for everything slowing our ball down.

On the positive, those tries in the first half were beautiful. I thought Tate and JOC (James O'Connor) were good in the first half. JOC (James O'Connor) had a balanced performance at 10. Maybe Robbie Deans was onto something. Scrum is still good too.

The 13 was great too. Petaia was no loss.

B

Bobby Sands

Discipline really poor from the Reds.

No answer to the rolling maul. Try getting more players in there, or try that not engaging trick, they tried neither.

What is with Thorne not subbing his front row. Tupou and Mafi played 80mins. Why? Sub your front row for fresh legs.

Red really bad at the breakdown too. I feel if they played the Highlanders this week they would lose 90% of their ball at the breakdown. Brumbies are probably the best at the breakdown (thanks Laurie) in the Aus teams but NZ teams are still a level above, they just go hard and compete for everything slowing our ball down.

On the positive, those tries in the first half were beautiful. I thought Tate and JOC (James O'Connor) were good in the first half. JOC (James O'Connor) had a balanced performance at 10. Maybe Robbie Deans was onto something. Scrum is still good too.

The 13 was great too. Petaia was no loss.

Yeah Brumbies are epic, we suck. Give me a break.

Brumbies are our best team, but are not exactly fire mate.

Let’s get the boys home and get a fairer assessment of where we are at.

On another note ASY (Angus Scott-Young) & Liam Wright both got op1s at Churchie - how crazy is that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I not getting into refs etc, but will say I thought some of Reds stuff was good, but wonder if this young players at all costs that BT seems to be using is not a bit of the problem. Geez for some bit older heads to head that forward pack in right direction would be great I think! Backline also could do with a couple more wise old heads. Still some good stuff happening and JOC (James O'Connor) I think shows the advantage of a little bit of rugby experience/head at 10!!

B

Bobby Sands

No. It's a must for credabilty in the competition . We've had the SA refs being unbelievably biased and that was no better. Even the Kiwi refs are getting stick. If it's not a local derby then a neutral ref is a must

The competition is farcical without it.

Ben Okeeffe (sic) blew The Shorks off the paddock in NZ yesterday.

Saffas do it every week.

Winning on the road is a rarity as a result.

B

Bobby Sands

Well I not getting into refs etc, but will say I thought some of Reds stuff was good, but wonder if this young players at all costs that BT seems to be using is not a bit of the problem. Geez for some bit older heads to head that forward pack in right direction would be great I think! Backline also could do with a couple more wise old heads. Still some good stuff happening and JOC (James O'Connor) I think shows the advantage of a little bit of rugby experience/head at 10!!

Who are these old heads?