• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2020

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Strangely it seems the Bloos have only beaten the Cows at Loftus on two occasions. 2003 and 2012. There was a 40-all draw in 1997.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bulls – 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Johnny Kotze, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Morne Steyn, 9 Ivan van Zyl, 8 Josh Strauss, 7 Wian Vosloo, 6 Jeandre Rudolph, 5 Juandre Kruger, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Jaco Visagie, 1 Lizo Gqoboka.

Subs: 16 Corniel Els, 17 Gerhard Steenkamp, 18 Wiehahn Herbst, 19 Ruan Nortje, 20 Ruan Steenkamp 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Divan Rossouw.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I've long thought Marius is the best of the SA refs; in fact one of the best in Super Rugby imo. I can't recall any outstanding occasions where he has been heavily criticised for lopsided penalty counts. There have been times when decisions have been questioned and debated by fans, but that happens with every ref in rugby. Hope he lives up to my expectations in this match.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can't decide which of your three 10's to pick? Pick 'me all, mate. Simples.

Loss Bleus: Stephen Perofeta, Emoni Narawa, Joe Marchant, Harry Plummer, Mark Telea, Otere Black, Jonathan Ruru; Hoskins Sotutu, Tony Lamborn, Tom Robinson, Jacob Pierce, Patrick Tuipulotu (capt), Sione Mafileo, James Parsons, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: Kurt Eklund, Ezekiel Lindenmuth, Ofa Tuungafasi, Aaron Carroll, Dalton Papalii, Sam Nock, TJ Faiane, Matt Duffie.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...er-against-bulls-as-otere-black-returns-to-10

Note that Akira didn't make the plane.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...a-ioanes-form-slump-blues-searching-for-clues

I'm picking an early release & transfer to Europe.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Note that Akira didn't make the plane.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...a-ioanes-form-slump-blues-searching-for-clues

I'm picking an early release & transfer to Europe.

I so glad I not the kind to say I told you so to all the posters that were calling me an idiot for not rating Akira. I still belive that with an ounce of brain, and shedding some of the laziness I always held against him, he could of been almost anything.
Someone like me who was never that good at rugby can just look and say if only................................

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Feels like it will be make or break for Akira once Blues return from Africa. He'll get his chance (they'll need to rest Sotutu).

I don't hate the idea of Black 10, Plummer 12 and Perofeta 15. Pleased to see Pierce and Narawa given starts too.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Feels like it will be make or break for Akira once Blues return from Africa. He'll get his chance (they'll need to rest Sotutu).

I don't hate the idea of Black 10, Plummer 12 and Perofeta 15. Pleased to see Pierce and Narawa given starts too.

Like you I not against the 3 x 10 package, as I suspect that Plummer will go just as good at 12.
Yep wouldn't it be good if Akira did make it when Blues return from SA.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Currently watching the Crusaders - Highlanders match. NZ posters - please tell me Smith’s constant squawking is irritating to you too? Far out. Good game so far but I’m close to putting it on mute.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Currently watching the Crusaders - Highlanders match. NZ posters - please tell me Smith’s constant squawking is irritating to you too? Far out. Good game so far but I’m close to putting it on mute.

Doen't worry me any 9 doing it, especially if you hear what he tells his forwards!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yellow, surely. Lifts then drives. Ref should be asking Lentjies if he wants both his blokes in the bin if he's gunna use the "but Frizzy only had hold of one of his legs" defence :)

Re: Smith (or any other 9) constantly yapping, expecting a 9 to shut up is like expecting a cow to sing opera. Only thing you can expect from a cow is a moo, only thing you can expect from a 9 is constant yapping.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ show me a 9 who doesn't have the ref top of his "to be yapped at constantly" list & I'll show you a 9 who either never made it or never will. It's what 9's do & as far back as I can recall always have but back in the day it possibly wasn't quite so audible/ visible.

EDIT: I'd put good money on the phrase "they've been doing it all day, ref" having been first uttered by a 9 :).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
With Havili having a golden run and Bridge & Reece on the wings, surely for the good of NZ rugby Will Jordan goes elsewhere? The other NZ starting 15s are half as good as Jordan (outside JB & McKenzie).

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I haven't been too impressed by Bridge this season. Nareki was far more dangerous for the Highlanders.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I haven't been too impressed by Bridge this season. Nareki was far more dangerous for the Highlanders.

Yep Kiwi, but still pretty early to be making too many judgements, same as I think about Grace and Christie, really impressive ,but still early.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just want to give a belated lol at the Skirty Bois. Just a shame it had to come at the hands of the Dual Dicks.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Imagine losing to the Blues.

At home.

In South Africa.

With a South African ref.

tenor.gif