• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Brumbies, Rnd 4, FMG Stadium Feb 22 17:05

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Officials set the 10, refs don’t give a fuck what I as a player think 10m is, players need to know what the ref believes 10 is and if he or the touchie aren’t in a position to physically show them then they need to be verbal, especially when the brumbies would’ve been pretty close to being back 10m

Look, given the penalty was 10m out and none of them were behind the line, what can you do as an official?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Much more stable performance from the Ponies this week. They outgunned the Chiefs up front so the young guys like Lolesio got an easier ride. Chiefs defence in channels 3 out was abysmal. Didn't need a maul to score tries either, tho I'd like to see a replay of that maul that nearly went over. Looked very sus.

The pleasing thing was execution of game plan across the board - generally the kicking, passing, running all worked. Set piece had a couple of shakes, but that can be ironed out.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Nice to see an Aussie team protect a lead and win.
Reds could learn a thing or two from that performance, maul defence in particular.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What a win, Brumbies genuine contenders

Was not perfect that second half from brumbies but they dug in and fought hard...definitely more switched on closing out the game then last week so showed they learned lessons from last week.

Keep going brumbies - build on this and don’t make this the highlight of the season

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Much more stable performance from the Ponies this week. They outgunned the Chiefs up front so the young guys like Lolesio got an easier ride. Chiefs defence in channels 3 out was abysmal. Didn't need a maul to score tries either, tho I'd like to see a replay of that maul that nearly went over. Looked very sus.

The pleasing thing was execution of game plan across the board - generally the kicking, passing, running all worked. Set piece had a couple of shakes, but that can be ironed out.
Yep. Losing Fainga'a was a big loss for the ponies at the set piece (and my fantasy team) They showed that they're not one trick Ponies tonight.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
That was a really impressive performance from Boys. I thought this would be a one sided competition after the Brumbies lost to NZ’s worst team at home, and playing NZ’s top team away. And the first 50 minutes was one sided, just not the way I’d expected. And they showed true guts to hold out for the final 20.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
McKenzie behind a beaten pack is as bad as Beale is these days.

Actually his decision making - particularly when he had acres of space - was abysmal. So it wasn't just about the team going backwards, necessarily.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Happy to get my tip wrong for that game.

Having Simone back with Lolesio helped immensely and you could see Lolesio with more confidence as he attacked the line and allowed Simone to attract defenders and allow the offloads that happened - 11 in total. Good to see Kuridrani remind those suggesting others for the 13 spot that he can't be discounted and that cheeky grubber was good too.

I thought the ref went a bit quiet in his communication that saw the Chiefs get all those penalties at the end and almost saw the Brumbies unable to compete at the breakdown in fear of getting penalised without warning. Same for Slipper's card as he went straight for a card when others would have given a warning first and I've seen that episode before when it all goes to shit but they held on for a great win.