• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Rebels, RD 5 - 28th Feb

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Sa'aga brothers in the front row, with two more Sa'aga women in the Super W team! Talented family.
1 Janita Kareta
2 Erienei Nanai
3 Titilia Yabaki
4 Annika Jamieson
5 Nawel Remini
6 May Sa’aga
7 Melanie Kawa ©
8 Sally Kehoe
9 Georgia Cormick
10 Tayler Savage
11 Mikaela Welti
12 Meretiana Robinson ©
13 Nicola Emsley
14 Tyra Boysen-Auimatagi
15 Gabi Bryan
16 Faith Masina
17 Lemamau (Peni) Seu
18 Piper Tuifao
19 Brooke Saunders
20 Norma Fuaiva’a
21 Jessica Campbell
22 Kristina Sa’aga
23 Georgina (Rosita) Utia

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Nice first 15 from Rebels. They haven't done much defending yet. Lets hope they have that element of their game sorted and can keep this up.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Well done Rebels. Looking good against a very poor performing Highlanders. Errors killing them and Rebels making all the right moves.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Landers make the most of some broken play / turnover. Rebels still looking very good. Like what I'm seeing.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Broken leg for sure, poor bugger.

Might actually work in Clan's favour, gives them a chance to almost have an early half time break albeit without Coach present. Presumably Dixon is now the official captain with ASmith continuing to do most of the talking :)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hmm not sure about stopping play there. Rebels could've scored and well does stopping play really do anything for Lentjes? The play wasn't near him and well medics would've been out asap.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
I've no quarrels with it. Old mate's foot was on backwards. Stopping play to get him as much care as possible as quickly as possible was the right call.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan will take a lot of heart from that try & come back out believing that if they can get 50/50 P&T from here in they'll sneak a win. Rebs will obv have different ideas must must be a bit disappointed not to have put the game to bed already.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've no quarrels with it. Old mate's foot was on backwards. Stopping play to get him as much care as possible as quickly as possible was the right call.

All you can do is give him the green whistle? No one's touching that until he gets to the hospital.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ref blowing up the game for the broken leg is tough, very emotive but the play wasn’t near him, the medics would be getting to him the same time either way, there’s no need to blow the whistle. Very tough on Rebels. But fair enough, if I was the ref and I heard those screams I’d blow it up too.