• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Rebels, RD 5 - 28th Feb

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gregory goes from hero to villain with one dumb-arse jump. Yellow all day long.

Now Meakes gets the YC Rebs have been playing pass-the-parcel with for most of the second half.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
DHP playing pretty smart. Taken high ball after high ball cleanly and created two yellow cards for the ‘landers.

S

Show-n-go

The first ruck after that turnover was an absolute farce, landers guys diving into the ground to seal off

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Woo hoo, just what we needed.

Might not be pretty, but a win in the deep South is hard to come by. Makes up for the lost points against the Sunwolves.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
well done Rebels, I was watching that last 10mins waiting for them to capitulate, but they stayed strong... Should give them some confidence

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The difference Louwrens makes in there instead of Lomani is quite impressive. To'omua looks much better with him. Also against a weaker forward pack, the Rebels forwards really did well. I expected Wessels' nephew, chokaletenberg, to be an absolute flop, another Le Roux Roets, but he was pretty decent tonight for a young bloke.

Kellaway proving me wrong about him too.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What a great game - first time in ages seen rebels play cohesively as a team and boy what a team performance. As a big critic of the rebels they got my huge respect for that performance.

Well done rebels you would make your fans proud with that performance and keep repeating that sort of quality regularly you will certainly have many more fans.

What about the hunger and line speed from the rebels..

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The difference Louwrens makes in there instead of Lomani is quite impressive. To'omua looks much better with him. Also against a weaker forward pack, the Rebels forwards really did well. I expected Wessels' nephew, chokaletenberg, to be an absolute flop, another Le Roux Roets, but he was pretty decent tonight for a young bloke.

Kellaway proving me wrong about him too.
Lot of players proved us arm chair critics wrong - same with that of Wessels as well drilled team performance that coaching staff also have to take credit for. But gees it is so good for us armchair critics to be proved wrong about players. I really thought To'omua was not a test standard 10 but his performance to my mind put him back us front runner for wallaby 10 position. Lowrens did not do his chances to put himself in the picture behind white either.

But so many good performers..meakes, arangi, philips, Naisarani, Kellaway and so many more -

Gees I really enjoyed that game

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Didn't catch this one - but nice one, Rebs

It reads like Louwrens is making his mark.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Surely Meakes has to be the most likeable super player. Very reliable, not international standard, just does the regular stuff well - also a bloody handsome bald man, what’s not to love.