• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Lions, Round 6 2020, 07/03 AAMI Park 7:15pm

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
THat's not a bad backrow from the lions. Wil lcause is plenty of headaches?

And is that big bloody Jannie on the bench? Jesus, He will be a handful in the backend of the match.

Still think we will win.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Would love to see Hosea get a game one of these days.
He looked great for the U20's and considering how poorly RHP's been playing, probably couldn't do much worse.

Tupou's another that I think deserves a shot

Agree on Hosea, love to see him get a run.

Tupou is out of the season with a ruptured ACL.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Danger man Simelane gets his first start for the Lions, unfortunate it's against the Rebels. Will be one to keep an eye on, going to give us a lot of grief.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Kellaway has been very good at finding himself in the right place, at the right time this season. Exactly what you want to see from a winger

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ayeeee my boys. Great comprehensive win, rare feeling for the Rebels. Two Yellow cards and a bonus point, that’s a paddling.
Billy Meakes is great, Philip doing very well and should not bugger off overseas.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Press conference after the match, Dave was asked at Phillip going overseas. His answer didn't sound like he would be going anywhere

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Hope nobody at the match was sitting too close to a sniffling gentleman in section 9. From The Age. "Another man in his 50s arrived in Melbourne from Seattle on March 7 on Virgin Australia flight VA24. Travellers on adjacent rows on the flight are being contacted. The man had a dry cough and flu-like symptoms on the same day, before developing flu-like symptoms days later. He is isolated at home. Three close contacts, including two children, are being monitored for symptoms and are self-isolating for two weeks. Prior to being diagnosed, he visited the Mussel and Jazz Festival at South Melbourne Market on March 7 between 2pm and 3:30pm. Later that day he attended a rugby union match between the Rebels and Lions at AAMI Park where he sat in section 9."

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Hope nobody at the match was sitting too close to a sniffling gentleman in section 9. From The Age. "Another man in his 50s arrived in Melbourne from Seattle on March 7 on Virgin Australia flight VA24. Travellers on adjacent rows on the flight are being contacted. The man had a dry cough and flu-like symptoms on the same day, before developing flu-like symptoms days later. He is isolated at home. Three close contacts, including two children, are being monitored for symptoms and are self-isolating for two weeks. Prior to being diagnosed, he visited the Mussel and Jazz Festival at South Melbourne Market on March 7 between 2pm and 3:30pm. Later that day he attended a rugby union match between the Rebels and Lions at AAMI Park where he sat in section 9."

Sounds like he had a great day!!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
As a pleb who parks himself behind the goals in section 33 I'm pretty safely quarantined from the unclean filth along the sidelines. And the South Melbourne market? Bougie swine shop there!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
To the best of my knowledge, two members of this forum are seated in section 9. I'm one of them.

Section 9 is relativly large, so it's difficult to tell if I was even close to the infected person. I sit in a raise section away from the main section 9 area.

If there was an issue, the club would be contacting members right now for mre details. As I understand, you need sustained contact with an infected person for the infection to spread.

Right now, I'll keep calm and carry on.