• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I have to say after the first couple of weeks of Super rugby there a couple/few players I am hoping to see more of over next few years, and could grow into ABs, couple of likely looking young flankers from Crusaders jump to mind, Cullen Grace if he carries on and puts on a little beef maybe one to look for in 2-4 years, have to say I like the cut of Tom Christie the balding 20yo 7 from down there , I been interested in Lachlan Boshier for a year or two also, so there could be interesting times ahead. I will say, I know it very early and get pretty pissed at how easy some players are annointed the next great thing in some countries and how they will be great, But these boys could just develop ok with good sound coaching and in Grace's case a bit more beef. He went ok as lock at U20 level ,but seems to look like he could be ok at 6! I watch Hoskin Sotutu with interest too, another who is a few years away but has a good base I think!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ha "New Zealand Rugby Team Watch" thread reminds me, national coach is such a sweeeeeeeeet gig, fat guts Fozzie must be LOVING it, fuck yeah, here I am, I made it, got the job thru a friend at NZRFU bloody months ago and still havent had to do a stroke of work, and, get this, I've got 5 more bloody months of basically paid leave till I even have to lift a goddamn finger and even then by July the NZ public will have picked the XXIII for me as per usual, praise the lord, pass the pies and god bless this motherfucken gravy train.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
ha "New Zealand Rugby Team Watch" thread reminds me, national coach is such a sweeeeeeeeet gig, fat guts Fozzie must be LOVING it, fuck yeah, here I am, I made it, got the job thru a friend at NZRFU bloody months ago and still havent had to do a stroke of work, and, get this, I've got 5 more bloody months of basically paid leave till I even have to lift a goddamn finger and even then by July the NZ public will have picked the XXIII for me as per usual, praise the lord, pass the pies and god bless this motherfucken gravy train.

Rennie, meanwhile - "I'm fucking staying over here in Europe as long as fucking possible and getting Scott McJohnson to make it up for me, so I don't have to deal with the misery of Aussie teams finding new ways to kick themselves in the nuts, if they can kick at all, before I have to decide which busted-arse OK Boomers I have to pick from Europe and put on a fucken diet because anyone half-capable here is fucken broken, and the Aus public, all 39 of them that give a rats, have picked 72 players from Shute Shield and QPR who look handy, and by the way , where's that fucken gravy, Fozz?"
JOC (James O'Connor) Unleashing a Torp

kick fail.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looks like AB will be playing Japan, possibly on 31 October, on their way to UK where they'll play England on 7 November & Scotland on 20 or 21 November:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=12306042

Still one Test to be added somewhere in Ireland/ UK/ Europe on the weekend of 13/14 November.

Confirmed as Wales on 14/11:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...es-in-cardiff-in-november-as-tour-takes-shape

Baptism of fire for new Wales coach Pivac with matches v all the current top 10-ranked sides other than Aus, and Fiji (11th) in a 12-match season. RWC draw to be done immediately afterwards so it's gunna be tough for Wales to break into the top-4 Band A from their current fifth place. Upside is that a win v SA or NZ would gain them a shit-ton of ranking points.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loving Jack Goodhue's work at 12 & have always felt AL-B is best utilised at 13 outside a straight-running, offloading 12 (Exhibit A: Charlie Ngatai). Should be the starting AB midfield for the July Internationals IMO.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
sounds like NZRFU firing up NZ B again. Except they can never call it that. So it'll be some feelgood "NZ A" or "Junior All Blacks" or worst of the lot, "All Blacks XV" bollocks.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ier-national-team-to-be-branded-all-blacks-xv

"If players don't quite make the All Blacks touring squad, being able to push their case through Super Rugby and Mitre 10 Cup for selection to the All Blacks XV will be a strong motivator for many.

read; "would everyone please stop fucking off to Japan for 5 fucking minutes, could you please fucking do that, fucking please?"

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Only took a few years to realise that obnoxiously excluding many/most players from playing for the second national team was a f*cken stupid idea.

EDIT: No doubt the Celts will snort/choke with indignation into their morning pint of Guinness/Brains/Irn Bru.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AL-B re-signs through to 2023 RWC:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...gns-with-new-zealand-til-2023-rugby-world-cup

I'd like to see him play exclusively at 13 as I think he's far more effective there esp if his 12 is running straight or even ins, which a bloke by the name of Goodhue is doing rather well ATM. Laumape on the bench, if it's AL-B's turn for the early shower JG just shifts out one, or a straight swap if JG gets subbed first. Sorry, Rieko, it's 11 or the stands for you.

S

Show-n-go

I’d love a backline of

9. Smith
10. BB
11. Ioane
12. Laumape
13. Goodhue
14. Reece
15. McKenzie

21. Perenara
22. Mo’unga
23. Lam/Bridge

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My preference would be:
9. Smith
10. Mo'unga
11. Rieko if he gets his shit together, Bridge if he doesn't
12. Goodhue
13. AL-B
14. Reece
15. Beaugan

21. TJP
22. Laumape
23. DMac

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I want DMac nowhere near that shit. Since when has sideways running EVER worked at test match level? SINCE NEVER. Arrogant of him to think "heyyyy..... but maybe..... it'll work for me!" Meanwhile sideways and backwards and around and around he goes until he runs out of options and hospital passes some poor backpedalling teammate - who has NO IDEA wft the headless little chook is doing - straight into the wood chipper

would love to see

1 Lomax
2 Aumua
3 Fidow
4 Pat T
5 Tom Robinson
6 Cane
7 Papali'i
8 Akira

that is a big fuck-you-up forward pack. None of this Ffsffita/Dick Frizzle decorative workshy bullshit. except maybe Akira if he had too much lunch sometimes

9. Smith
10. Mounga
11. Ioane
12. Laumape
13. Goodhue
14. Reece
15. BB