• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Bulls, Rnd 7 2020 Suncorp Stadium 6:15pm AEST

Reds or Bulls?

• Reds +12

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Reds -12

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Bulls -12

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Bulls +12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What is wrong with Rodda??

I think Hockings has been absolutely terrible, not sure what the go is there? Quite often he just completely misses cleanouts, and binds onto defensive mauls in the least effective possible spot.

Lukhan back at 6 after his best ever game?

Hegarty is fast, but strange to play him on a wing.

Not sure what’s happening here.

YEs - just wow.

Zander gets a start, go that bloke. Grabbing his opportunity and I will be rooting for him all the way.
No Second Row on the bench, so you'd imagine LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) finishes there.
Hockings must step up - do a Zander, mate!
Really pleased to see 10: JOC (James O'Connor) 12: Stewart 15: Jock. 22: Lucas. Key choices for me for now and for the future. For that matter I like 13 CFS given the injuries.

Odd selections in the row for fixing our line out and maul defence - unless of course the choices have been dictated that way through training.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
What exactly did I miss in that Crusaders game which warrants Malolua selection over Tate? Pretty much since 2013 the Reds have had issues with locking down a consistent halfback due to departure, injury or form.

Genia, B Lucas, Frisby, Gale, Tuttle, Sorovi, McDermott and now Malolua have all seen time as the preferred halfback for the Reds since approx 2014. That's 8 halfbacks in 6 years, no wonder our strong forward packs fail to fire, they are playing with different styles so often.

For mine, McDermott is well beyond Malolua currently and on the verge of Wallaby squad selection. Not sure what the go is, I don't think this is a resting policy.

EDIT: I've essentially moved this post over to Reds 2020 as it verges away from the match chat. But my point for this match is why is Malolua starting again.

B

Bobby Sands

It appears we are trying to force the squad first mentality, when we should really just be trying to get wins at all costs.

Big supporter of the setup, but can’t follow the logic.

Lukhan at 6 blows me away.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Cripes.

Not starting ASY (Angus Scott-Young) against the big units is a bloody mistake.

Zander starting?

Tate's been one of our best all reason and is benched again! WTF

SMFH.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I imagine the thinking behind Tate finishing the game is due to his running game being utilised against tired big bodies. Him coming on around the 50th minute mark should have a big impact on an up-tempo game style.

Rodda is no doubt being rested. It's been a long campaign till our first bye.

Absolutely no problem with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) replacing ASY (Angus Scott-Young). As that's 3 huge jumpers and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) has demonstrated his work rate over the last couple of weeks.

Not too sure I agree with Jock at 15 and Bryce at 14. I understand the need to keep changes to a minimum, but can Bryce actually play on the wing?

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
It's a bit of an odd backline, but I think Hegarty will go fine at 14, most of our tries haven't been coming off the back of amazing finishing but rather built pressure and line-breaks with backing up so going without an out and out speedster is probably okay in this instance. We are basically going with the somewhat now classic dual fullback and our third 'back three' is a bit of a centre too.

I'd guess JP is injured or needs to recover or something, but he's been putting in some BIG shifts. I'll be happy to see how Zander goes. Otherwise I'm fine with the forwards.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Reds Instagram saying Jack Straker has been brought into the match day squad as #18, meaning he is replacing Nasser in the original team announced.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Cripes.

Not starting ASY (Angus Scott-Young) against the big units is a bloody mistake.

Zander starting?

Tate's been one of our best all reason and is benched again! WTF

SMFH.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) must feel very unlucky. He was one of the best against the Crusaders.

What is the issue with McDermott? Apparently, not injured as he's getting time on the bench.

EDIT : Just saw Ignoto's take on the Tate situation. Seems a bit unlikely to just play one of the star players for the last 20 minutes or thereabouts, but may be so.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Reds Instagram saying Jack Straker has been brought into the match day squad as #18, meaning he is replacing Nasser in the original team announced.

I made a post about 3 months ago joking that they should try and lure him back to OZ. Maybe Thorn reads the posts.

He's been playing over in NZ I believe? Will be a massive boost for GPS if hes back.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Stracker has spent five years playing in the Mitre 10 cup. Canterbury for 2017, Northland 2018, 2019.

B

Bobby Sands

I made a post about 3 months ago joking that they should try and lure him back to OZ. Maybe Thorn reads the posts.

He's been playing over in NZ I believe? Will be a massive boost for GPS if hes back.

I didn’t read that, but I’m bloody excited to have another mature prop back in QLD. It’s a great story and good on him.

Two BGS boys at the Reds, that bloody crazy town.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well after the confusion at the F1 grand prix i was wondering whether going to the rugby was sensible. With the latest advice, I definitely am. Last chance to see the Reds live for a while.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah I'm tossing up whether to go or not....

On one hand it may be my last chance to see some rugby in a while & on the other with the double header I'm worried that'll increase any potential risk

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
More chance of dying in a car crash

It's not the dying part that's of concern, unless you're of a certain vintage & more at risk. It's more the risk of being isolated & quarantined that worries me. Especially as a self employed contractor. No financial fallback other than hard won savings!

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
What is wrong with Rodda??

I think Hockings has been absolutely terrible, not sure what the go is there? Quite often he just completely misses cleanouts, and binds onto defensive mauls in the least effective possible spot.

Lukhan back at 6 after his best ever game?

Hegarty is fast, but strange to play him on a wing.

Not sure what’s happening here.

Rodda appears to be rested for the back end of the season...bit odd when finals football looks unlikely with 1 from 6
https://www.facebook.com/797871967023499/posts/1993792497431434/?d=null&vh=e