• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The NRL (from round 2), NBL finals and the national swimming champs will all go ahead without spectators..........

I think the overseas travel will rule out Super Rugby from being able to follow suit.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
See Beth Newman tweeted RA has confirmed all Super Rugby and SWR matches behind closed doors from Monday on

+ RA says no restrictions as yet on Super Rugby teams' international travel

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Probably not a good time to be Fox Sports/Kayo. If every sport is canned, why should anyone pay for their subscription?

On the other hand, if the sports go ahead but just without spectators then that'll probably do wonders for their ratings.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reminder tonight why super rugby so does not work for me - no oz sides playing so tried to watch kiwi sides playing local derby - lasted 5 minutes - can’t even remember exactly who was playing - you could probably say same for me if local derby between 2 saffa sides.

Sorry super rugby just does not work for me and probably only does for all the nz expats living in oz

The Grey Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Playing in front of more or less empty stadiums will be pretty much business as usual for Waratahs.

No change.

Tahs have been prepping for this very event for years.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yea nah I love watching the kiwis play each other

My view reflects the typical view / interests of oz sports fan who wants to watch oz teams play which is why commercially super rugby struggling as Friday night yet no oz super rugby team to watch - no interest in watching kiwi teams play each other r

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
RN, you comment does not reflect my interest at all. NZ derbies are compulsory viewing, though I will say that I only watch Saffa sides when they are playing in either Aus or NZ.

Reactions: mst

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
RN, you comment does not reflect my interest at all. NZ derbies are compulsory viewing, though I will say that I only watch Saffa sides when they are playing in either Aus or NZ.
My point is you are part of the minority of small die hard fans prepared to watch non oz super rugby side local derbies but where typical sports fan (read majority) will not and viewing numbers show that.

But yes fox sports would certainly love you more than me as committed subscriber

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
See Beth Newman tweeted RA has confirmed all Super Rugby and SWR matches behind closed doors from Monday on

+ RA says no restrictions as yet on Super Rugby teams' international travel

Travel restrictions are only in for some places O/S. South Africa is not a hot spot.

Possibly games can still be played and teams can travel as flights are fairly light on passengers, some games will be played in closed stadiums and players kept at a distance. Its fairly low risk and works with the WHO and plans of most countries to slow COVID-19.

At the end of the day all the restriction are to slow the virus to allow our health systems to keep up not prevent it. Based on current advice most (as in about 80% of the world population) will get it recover.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
My point is you are part of the minority of small die hard fans prepared to watch non oz super rugby side local derbies but where typical sports fan (read majority) will not and viewing numbers show that.

But yes fox sports would certainly love you more than me as committed subscriber

I think you may find that minority is larger than you think. Just most are embarrassed to confess they watch publicly as they feel a little like traitors. But the games are usually of higher quality so if you love rugby they are hard not to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.