• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Travel restrictions are only in for some places O/S. South Africa is not a hot spot.

Possibly games can still be played and teams can travel as flights are fairly light on passengers, some games will be played in closed stadiums and players kept at a distance. Its fairly low risk and works with the WHO and plans of most countries to slow COVID-19.

At the end of the day all the restriction are to slow the virus to allow our health systems to keep up not prevent it. Based on current advice most (as in about 80% of the world population) will get it recover.

The fatality rate is <=4%
Hence over 96% recover.

And 80% barely notice the illness.

Similar to what you said but not quite.

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jacinta Ardern has just announced than anyone arriving in NZ has to be self isolated for 14 days...........

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Jacinta Ardern has just announced than anyone arriving in NZ has to be self isolated for 14 days.....

Looks to be just about it for the season, doesn't it. Highlanders won't make it back in time and the crusaders will struggle, not too mention any visiting teams.

I guess they could relocate the NZ teams to Australia given the closed stadiums, or try and rejig the schedule to focus on derbies and maybe have a bye round to reset, but they must be wondering if it's worth it at this point.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies double header with the Raiders in Auckland next week is set to be cancelled.........

Super Rugby is done.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That surely has to be it for Super Rugby 2020

Yeah, I thought it'd be a player getting sick but what Jacinda just announced is an equally valid reason for the plug to be pulled without anyone heading for the courts for compensation.

Fuck. What's a bloke supposed to do of an April/ May Friday/ Saturday evening with no footy to watch?

Reactions: mst

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah, I thought it'd be a player getting sick but what Jacinda just announced is an equally valid reason for the plug to be pulled without anyone heading for the courts for compensation.

Fuck. What's a bloke supposed to do of an April/ May Friday/ Saturday evening with no footy to watch?

Yep. But, quite seriously, subject to RA’s insurances (if any apply to pandemic impacts), if this continues through the 2020 Test season, RA could require an Aust Govt bail out

Whether it gets one or not - another matter

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Yep. But, quite seriously, subject to RA’s insurances (if any apply to pandemic impacts), if this continues through the 2020 Test season, RA could require an Aust Govt bail out

Whether it gets one or not - another matter

Is Moore Park in a marginal seat?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
As a suggestion, it wouldn't be bad if all the members contacted their clubs and advised they don't want refunds for their memberships even though games may be off or we cant attend. It's a way we can all help support our teams financially at least.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I also wouldn't mind it if we got a NRC / Super Rugby hybrid product started early and use some of the already booked facilities and TV arrangement to get some games televised (if we can't attend).

It might be all dometic based stuff (Womens and Mens) but let's make the most of the opportunity methinks.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I also wouldn't mind it if we got a NRC / Super Rugby hybrid product started early and use some of the already booked facilities and TV arrangement to get some games televised (if we can't attend).

It might be all dometic based stuff (Womens and Mens) but let's make the most of the opportunity methinks.

Absolutely. Alternatively it's a chance for a domestic club comp and spread the SUper players through the teams.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Probably no Bledislow either. Tough times for rugby.

They need to swap streaming coverage to the SS and QPR.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
^ surely it'll be all over one way or another by August?

Sorry WOB - do you mean CV-19? If so I just don't think so.

Winter is likely to see things peaking, hopefully at steady and controllable numbers. Vaccine, if it comes, is highly unlikely prior to winter 2021.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Does this mean that the 25 players or so that play each week for each super side will filter back into their respective club sides? Club rugby could get a lot more interesting.

Reactions: dru

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
they may decide to play the remaining intra-conference games and then possibly round robin of the top 3 ? top 6 ? in one country. i am not hopeful.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
GeoRob rightly starts to assess economic implications (as of yesterday’s status, it’s now much more severe) of changes to Super Rugby crowds policies for Aust RUs

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...in-reds-waratahs-budgets-20200313-p549wy.html

The Waratahs are facing losses of $1 million all up, or a $300,000 loss for each of the remaining four home games in Tamworth, Brookvale, Parramatta and the SCG.
no probs, just call up Izzy and ask if he can find it in his Christian heart to give his money back, problem solved.....
gest8_zps76271159.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.