• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2020

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You would think that Padua have many players unavailable due to term 1 sports etc. Laurie's played ATC a week ago, and beat them by 50, that is with all the top players rested. Padua will be strong again this year, no doubt.

ATC had 14 year olds playing. And it wasn't 50. But it was comprehensive.

Jimmy N

Frank Row (1)
For what it's worth ATC beat Padua in a Firsts Trial last night. Probably 6 tries to 3. Both teams shuffled through players. Game was called up early because of some pretty nasty racism claims against the big Padua prop. To their credit a bunch of the Padua players came over to the targeted ATC players, and their captain, to apologize and acknowledge they guy was a dick.

The Padua boys had 10+ first starters out due to term 1 sport. ATC was overall not very strong and only relied on some crazy plays from Ezra and a few other outside backs. The squad was comprised of a range of skill levels with to be 3rds and 4ths players taking the field.

The game didn't get pulled up early it finished on time. There is claims of racial slurs however, no evidence as to who said it if it even did happen.

Should be a better show in the trial game vs Marist/Pats and over the holidays with ballymore cup possibly an option.

Any reports on any past or upcoming trials for AIC Schools?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Given Pats is in lock down today with fears surrounding 3 x students who work at a local KFC where another school kid tested positive to CO-VID 19 - and , with professional sport leagues shutting down in the US and around the world and with large and un-necessary gatherings of crowds of 500 and more being discouraged , or even , actively broken up (where in NYC the National Guard has been called in to lend support) , it would seem a fair likelihood for school competitions to be abandoned this season.

Given the Friday's night club scare ( last Saturday Night ) possibly Clubs too

I note the State's Chief Medical Officer , being quoted as stating there is a real possibility as to 25% of the State's population ( yes , 1 in 4 ) being infected within 6 months

We're in un-chartered waters

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Padua boys had 10+ first starters out due to term 1 sport. ATC was overall not very strong and only relied on some crazy plays from Ezra and a few other outside backs. The squad was comprised of a range of skill levels with to be 3rds and 4ths players taking the field.

The game didn't get pulled up early it finished on time. There is claims of racial slurs however, no evidence as to who said it if it even did happen.

Should be a better show in the trial game vs Marist/Pats and over the holidays with ballymore cup possibly an option.

Any reports on any past or upcoming trials for AIC Schools?

plenty of evidence. 15 ATC boys and most the Padua boys who apologised to the ATC team for the actions of the lad even they IDed.

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
That would be a real shame given the amount of training that boys have already put in to this point...

Given the First XV games are videoed, I wonder if they would consider still playing them without spectators and streaming them like GPS do?

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pardon my ignorance, but who is this Ezra that everyone speaks of with such reverence?

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
Given Pats is in lock down today with fears surrounding 3 x students who work at a local KFC where another school kid tested positive to CO-VID 19 - and , with professional sport leagues shutting down in the US and around the world and with large and un-necessary gatherings of crowds of 500 and more being discouraged , or even , actively broken up (where in NYC the National Guard has been called in to lend support) , it would seem a fair likelihood for school competitions to be abandoned this season.

I note the State's Chief Medical Officer , being quoted as stating there is a real possibility as to 25% of the State's population ( yes , 1 in 4 ) being infected within 6 months

I understand the reports of St Pat’s lockdown were not accurate. Fake news!!!

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Update from MCA - As of today there will be NO field training, trial games or camp up to and including the 2nd May. This falls in line with the directive from Rugby Australia and the QRU released yesterday, and our own College directions.

Assume this will be the case everywhere. I understand this leaves the window open that the season can still go ahead if things improve. Fingers crossed.

The Ballkid

Herbert Moran (7)
Any further updates about what is going to happen with the upcoming season / trial games in wake of coronavirus??

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know Met East Trials which were scheduled for tomorrow have been postponed to a date to be advised (not cancelled).

So hoping that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for something to be worked out later in the year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
This is directly from Queensland Department of Education.
All representative school sport programs — including district, regional, state, national, interstate and international competitions — are cancelled until further notice. This decision to cancel has been taken in line with the Australian Government directive to minimise non-essential gatherings in order to reduce exposure risks associated with COVID-19. For latest updates visit: [COLOR=var(--blue-link)]https://bit.ly/2x1Indkhttps://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...8H17m-MTbUZwA4t44RW8IzRqHA7HhWhR10EJafZyvfAwt[/COLOR]

DominosPizza

Bob McCowan (2)
https://aicsport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/AIC-Statement-COVID-19-FINAL.pdf

tenor.gif

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well I guess that's it for this chat then...commisserations to all the boys who have trained so hard in preparation fo rthe season... alhough we can't see it now I am sure there is a silver liming over the horison..

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Term 3 (Semester II) starts mid July - 116 days away

Whilst it will be very challenging to move Term 2 rugby and football to Term 3, I think the AIC will be pulling out all stops to come up with something if the pandemic situation settles - which it will - now that the borders are closed. However, training opportunities are going to be very very limited.

We will know post Easter the trajectory of the virus but going into our flu season shortly, it does not look good that a peak is sooner rather than later.

Crouch, bind, 1.5m, set!

My Arsenal

Peter Burge (5)
Given the fact that Rugby League is in a TRIAL phase only, hopefully the common sense approach sees Rugby and Soccer moved to Term 3 (assuming anything is played) - Rugby is the flagship code for our schools and League only accommodates 20 boys from cohorts of almost 200 so in the spirit of AIC founding principles (of which participation is one I assume) Union should prevail.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With no rugby, thought this might be a good time to unleash a AIC Team of the decade (2010-2019) based on what they have achieved in rugby/rugby league or their years in the 1st XV. Ill have a shot at this. I'm sure there are more i'll be missing.

1. Tonga Maafu (Marist) Norths & UQ Premier Grade, NRC
2. Bart Ritchie (Padua) Norths & Wests Premier Grade
3. Tom O'Toole (Padua) Ulter, Ireland 6 Nations Squad
4. Michael Wood (Padua) QLD Reds, Aus 20s
5. Ryan Smith (St. Pats) Brothers Premier Grade, QLD Reds & ACT Brumbies Pre Season Squads
6. Lolo Fakaosilea (St. Pats) QLD Reds, ACT Brumbies, Aus 20s. Kinetsu Liners
7. Brad Wilkin (Iona) Melbourne Rebels, NSW Waratahs, AUS 7's
8. Lindsay Collins (Padua) Sydney Roosters
9. Scott Malolua (Marist) Qld Reds, Samoa
10. Jake Turpin (St. Edmunds) Brisbane Broncos
11. Clifton Setu (St. Edmunds) UQ Premier Grade
12. Christian Welch (Villanova) Melbourne Storm, QLD Maroons
13. Sam Johnson (St. Edmunds) QLD Reds, Glasgow, Scotland
14. Jono Kent (Marist) GPS Premier Grade, NRC
15. Bryce Hegarty (Marist) QLD Reds, Waratahs, Rebels
RESERVES
16. Sam Richards (St. Laurences) Easts Premier Grade
17. Liam Usher (Padua) Brothers & Wests Premier Grade, Aus 20s
18. Carter Ozanne (Iona) Easts Premier Grade, NRC
19. Michael Richards (Marist) GPS Premier Grade, NRC
20. Jeral Skelton (St. Pats) Australia 7s
21. Moses Sorovi (St. Peters) QLD Reds
22. Lawson Creighton (Padua) Brothers Premier Grade, AUS 20s, QLD Reds Squad
23. Billy Walters (Marist) Wests Tigers

Notable Omissions
Garrath Ryan (Padua) Norths & Brothers Premier Grade, NRC
Jack Peoples (Padua) Easts QLD Cup
Rory Humphries (St. Edmunds) QLD Cup
Lachlan Roe (St. Edmunds) QLD Cup
Brayden Torpy (Villanova) QLD Cup
Emosi Tuqiri (Marist) GPS Premier Grade, Fiji 20s
Ben Navosialagi (St,. Peters) Wests Premier Grade
Harry Fox (Padua) Norths Premier Grade, Aus 20s

Let me know your thoughts. Plenty i'm sure I have missed.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah good list

There are a few guys that have finished over the last few years , or , that would have had their senior season this year that are also worthwhile mentioning given their unique athletic talent

Lachlan Connors ( SPC 2017 )
Floyd Aubrey ( Marist 2020 )
Hamish Muir ( Villanova 2020 )
Michael Cheer ( Padua 2018 )