• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 crowds and ratings

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The 5pm kick offs in NZ is not helpful, bloody hard to get in front of the TV straight after work on a Friday with traffic.

Really think they should have left Friday's the same and made the Saturday kick offs earlier.

4pm in QLD, have to watch those games on delay. Really don't like the 6:15pm kick off for reds home games either, it's a real in between time and don't think there's a group it helps get to the game

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
4pm in QLD, have to watch those games on delay. Really don't like the 6:15pm kick off for reds home games either, it's a real in between time and don't think there's a group it helps get to the game

At the ground people were streaming in after kick off.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Will this be less of an issue when the clocks go back in April? I'd imagine it'd be 7pm kick offs for QLD then.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yes, but that's half the Reds home games already played.

Has it always been like this for Brisbane? I know we have an earlier start so more games affected but in years past did home games start at 6:45pm before April?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Has it always been like this for Brisbane? I know we have an earlier start so more games affected but in years past did home games start at 6:45pm before April?

Yeah, usually 6:45 or 7:00pm for Friday games, but because the season usually starts later there's only a couple of home games before the end of daylight savings and that 30-45 minutes extra ends up making a pretty big difference.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Preferred option would be for QLD to have daylight savings. Suncorp Stadium has updated the sounds system and lights in the off season which really adds to the atmosphere.

The main drain on the atmosphere is really how the match is refereed. Slow scrum formation (especially for a re-set) and the number of players going down injured, stopping the game then getting back up and continuing to play. Its been a clear tactic from SA touring teams for a number of years. The Sharks number 8 did it on three occasions over a 5 min period in the last 20 mins of the match. Twice for what looked like contact lens issue and another to strap his arm. There is no way we should have to wait for that rubbish. Play on and if the team stalls award a short arm against.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
2020-03-09_7-12-53.jpg

From AuStadiums.
Do any G&Gers know the crowd numbers for the missing games?
In the past I've advised AuStadiums of the announced attendance.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
At the ground people were streaming in after kick off.

happens basically every game.

Was happening we I worked there. We'd advertise games to start at 7:30pm when they started at 7:40 just to try to get people in the gate at the start. Didn't work

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Was happening we I worked there. We'd advertise games to start at 7:30pm when they started at 7:40 just to try to get people in the gate at the start. Didn't work

We split our membership group over two consecutive rows to be more interactive with each other but the downside is that you have to stand up all the time.

The people that leave early sh!t me more. Beat the traffic? What? There is less than a third of the stadium full.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

I wonder if it has anything to do with people thinking there's a whole bunch of fluffing about before the actual kick off. All too often the time is advertised as say 7:40pm with there being 10+ minutes of pre kickoff warm ups etc, although, this is particularly worse at international level where you have 20+ minutes for anthems and the haka etc.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
No. The preferred option would be for me to be a multi-billionaire and sort out the schedule with generous sponsorship. Aint going to happen either.

My preferred option would be for a the game to be supported by a TV network that cared about Rugby and saw a chance to put on a decent rugby show between games for the hour gap between NZ and the QLD game.

hoggy

Trevor Allan (34)
Hi Guys, do we have the ratings for the footy games last night, curious to see what if any effect this has had, even though only one game, could enhanced ratings justify continuing to play.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Preferred option would be for QLD to have daylight savings. Suncorp Stadium has updated the sounds system and lights in the off season which really adds to the atmosphere.

The main drain on the atmosphere is really how the match is refereed. Slow scrum formation (especially for a re-set) and the number of players going down injured, stopping the game then getting back up and continuing to play. Its been a clear tactic from SA touring teams for a number of years. The Sharks number 8 did it on three occasions over a 5 min period in the last 20 mins of the match. Twice for what looked like contact lens issue and another to strap his arm. There is no way we should have to wait for that rubbish. Play on and if the team stalls award a short arm against.

Preferred option would be for all other states to stop fiddling with their clocks. It's an outdated concept & many other jurisdictions worldwide appear to be abandoning the practice.
Yep. There's going to be an confirmed infection in likely both leagues sooner rather than later and when it does occur they will both be thoroughly deserving of the derision they'll receive.

I think the derision is justified already, why wait!