• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It turns out just to be a Collingwood staff member, who they claim has had no contact with the players.

Anyways, counting down.........

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
A Collingwood staff member has tested positive for coronavirus.

However the Magpies say the staffer has not had any contact with the football department since returning from overseas.
They had been in isolation since returning and are “recovering at home and being monitored by the Department of Health and Human Services”, the club said in a statement.

hoggy

Trevor Allan (34)
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...man-comp-will-save-rugby-20200321-p54ch4.html

Pretty good article about a Trans Tasman comp, hard to dis-agree with much in there. I've always preferred a domestic competition, the game here is forever hanging of the coat tails of some foreign dream, whoever pays for our rugby.

Yes look at Heineken cup style competitions to help pay the bills, but imho as economically hard as it may be until the game here learns to stand on its own two feet it will forever be stuck in limbo, surely there will never be a better time.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Trans Tasman comp, hard to dis-agree with much in there.
True, he has grasped the underlying facts but I do chuckle a bit at old mate Cully.

Of course, everyone knew the competition's inherent weakness was its complexity and the fact it was played across multiple territories. Eventually, the madness of putting 30-plus massive humans on carbon-spewing airplanes for up 20 hours just to play 80 minutes of footy would have become a significant issue: that's not how future generations will roll.

Really, Paul? You're only five years late in filing this copy.

… Well, some might say twenty but the gloss hadn't quite worn off then. … He is on the money about Rugby Australia having minimal weight pushing for a trans-Tasman comp, though. That's not how things can be made to happen (money being a pertinent word, given they ain't bringing any).

Yes look at Heineken cup style competitions to help pay the bills, but imho as economically hard as it may be until the game here learns to stand on its own two feet it will forever be stuck in limbo, surely there will never be a better time.
Yeah, there are ways forward but they necessarily involve breaking the old castings. Reform or go bust.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep even allowing for NRL's record of playing through wars etc, I think someone will say stop!!!!

I think we can understand why Rugby was waiting a couple of weeks before any big announcements.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep even allowing for NRL's record of playing through wars etc, I think someone will say stop!!!!

I think we can understand why Rugby was waiting a couple of weeks before any big announcements.

They're going to ignore the travel ban, so the only thing that will stop them are the other states implementing border closures.........

A push from Prime Minister Scott Morrison to shut down all non-essential travel due to the coronavirus outbreak will not stop the NRL from playing on, due to it being 'work-related'.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...cancel-interstate-travel-20200322-p54coi.html

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Time is long passed to take this very very seriously: everyone should stay at home unless it is essential to go out. Ie work and shopping for essentials only. No pubs no beach no visiting mates or relatives. I would recommend everyone read these two articles and spread them widely, I work in healthcare and my colleagues in the US and Europe are imploring us to respond better than they have. The medical systems simply cannot cope.
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

Attachments

• text.txt
    76 bytes · Views: 152

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
With no JRWC can we see u20s games between the Super sides / states as curtain raisers?

If nothing else, the JRWC serves a talent identification purpose for Super Rugby sides and allows the Rugby fanbase to become aware of stellar younger players before they hit Super Rugby, which raises excitement for clubs future prospects.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
With no JRWC can we see u20s games between the Super sides / states as curtain raisers?

If nothing else, the JRWC serves a talent identification purpose for Super Rugby sides and allows the Rugby fanbase to become aware of stellar younger players before they hit Super Rugby, which raises excitement for clubs future prospects.

There will be nothing to see but replays of old games.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Queensland Rugby have recreated their teams on a playstation game, getting a rep from each to side to play and commentating.
Good innovation.
Sadly now looks like only virtual rugby or rugby game repeats is only games we will see for a while - total shutdown by Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.