• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Mental Health

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Agree with the TBH and other posters, having a chat with friends & family always helps. Also I've been pretty much glued to the radio for a month which I'm just now turning off as it's not good for me.

Work and money are fine for the time being but my girlfriend & I just started the process of getting her permanent residency through de facto relationship here in Aus. Which will be arduous and definitely not helped by Covid-19. Also her dad just was just diagnosed with prostate cancer, the poor fucker, and is about to start treatment which is absolute shit timing. So, there is increasing pressure on my gf to go back to her home country - which if she did means I would be alone and not see her for a very, very long time. But with her family & everything going on, I don't think I can voice any of my concerns, now is the time to be supportive. Small problems in comparison to others, I know.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Agree with the TBH and other posters, having a chat with friends & family always helps. Also I've been pretty much glued to the radio for a month which I'm just now turning off as it's not good for me.

Work and money are fine for the time being but my girlfriend & I just started the process of getting her permanent residency through de facto relationship here in Aus. Which will be arduous and definitely not helped by Covid-19. Also her dad just was just diagnosed with prostate cancer, the poor fucker, and is about to start treatment which is absolute shit timing. So, there is increasing pressure on my gf to go back to her home country - which if she did means I would be alone and not see her for a very, very long time. But with her family & everything going on, I don't think I can voice any of my concerns, now is the time to be supportive. Small problems in comparison to others, I know.

Just make sure you're getting the help you need, even if it isn't by voicing those concerns to your partner. I've gone through the de-facto process before and it's a royal pain in the arse, plus the added stress of separation. You'll be in a better position to support her if you yourself are healthy and solid.

Good idea switching off the radio mate. Play some tunes, learn about diaphragmatic breathing and keep your head in positive places.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
A bit embarrassed at how much I am enjoying the pandemic. I reckon after its done about half the people in their 50's are gonna say you know what, that was fucking awesome, sitting around, reading books, whacking off, I am fucked if I'm gonna willingly go put my cock against that 9-5 grindstone again, my time on the planet could be up any day now, fuck it, call me a 3 days a week part-timer from here on out, fuck the extra money, that shit can't buy me days that suddenly become deliciously all fucking mine.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
A lot of fat, rich pricks are going to hope that nobody gets DP's ideas. Gotta keep producing in order to keep consuming so they can skim off the top. Now get your phallus back to the grindstone and make me millions.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
A lot of fat, rich pricks are going to hope that nobody gets DP's ideas. Gotta keep producing in order to keep consuming so they can skim off the top. Now get your phallus back to the grindstone and make me millions.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-raking-in-billions-during-coronavirus-crisis

6f5c1279cd66ead430f86fcceca14236--bobby-axelrod-billions-tv-show.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How we all doing as we enter our 6th (for me at least) week of lock down?

Personally, I'm doing better than when it first started. Got into the groove of things, have a good exercise plan, spending every second of my life with my girlfriend (so far, so good). Dare I say it, I might actually like it.

I have zoom beers with mates every now and then, it's great, as soon as I'm tired, no expensive uber home, just close the computer and roll over.

But I'm aware I'm pretty lucky that I have a stable job I can do from home. Hopefully everyone else is getting into the swing of it too and keeping their sanity.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I want to see her version.

"He keeps trying to mount me. Thinking of having him spayed."

"Where is sexual harassment in the work-from-home HR policy?"

About to go through a bit of a rough stretch, personally. Work contract ends next week, broke up with my girlfriend of sorts and the future of rental property I'm in is touch-and-go.

Headspace is ok, all things considered. More worried about the material things and thanking my stars I don't have kids and a mortgage to cover!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Not ideal circumstances but to be honest, the COVID thing and associated economic downturn is the real complication.

I would otherwise have been happily walking away from the job; the girlfriend wasn't a heartbreak, just a bit of a fizzle; and the rental property thing has been coming for a while.

As someone who changes very slowly, being kicked out of the comfort zone isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not ideal circumstances but to be honest, the COVID thing and associated economic downturn is the real complication.

I would otherwise have been happily walking away from the job; the girlfriend wasn't a heartbreak, just a bit of a fizzle; and the rental property thing has been coming for a while.

As someone who changes very slowly, being kicked out of the comfort zone isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Good mindset mate, I'm impressed. We're always here if you need a chat. What industry are you in? Melbourne based yes?