• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
A $9.4 million loss in 2019.
A projected $120,000,000 loss of revenue in 2020.
So how can RA afford to pay Raelene $420,000 p.a.?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A $9.4 million loss in 2019.
A projected $120,000,000 loss of revenue in 2020.
So how can RA afford to pay Raelene $420,000 p.a.?

The $9.4M loss in line with previous RWC years, in fact slightly better than 2015
A projected WORSE CASE SCENARIO loss of revenue in 2020.
They have cut costs across the game.

Hope that helps answers your questions.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The $9.4M loss in line with previous RWC years, in fact slightly better than 2015
A projected WORSE CASE SCENARIO loss of revenue in 2020.
They have cut costs across the game.

Hope that helps answers your questions.

Those facts are important but I still don't see where her salary - and other operational costs for 2020 - are coming from if most revenue is cut off.
The remaining staff appear to be reliant on JobKeeper funding from the federal government and future taxpayers.
That seems to be the only source of revenue for RA at the moment.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...e/news-story/443305d70276e0e12981674cdfce5abc

Agreed, the whole thing needs to come down, but i find it a bit curious after listening to the likes of Kafer & Kearns for what 20 years now that all of a sudden he has found a dissenting voice, yet previously not a peep.

It's not curious, it is just sheer malice. Other than a wish to damage the game even further (for what reason?) what on earth is the point of trashing it in public like this? I am not saying that the veterans of the game should button their lips, but it is hard to imagine a former All Black going on a vitriolic rampage like this under any circumstances. They love and respect the game too much to go out of their way to attack it.

Of course some decisions have been taken that are wrong in hindsight, sometimes there were very few options. Sometimes the decisions were not taken by RA in isolation, and again there were few if any options.

Some decisions were taken in desperation, no doubt about that. It would have been nice to hear something constructive. What would Kafer have done differently? What would Kafer do now?

I am not suggesting an approach of "I support RA, right or wrong", rather we should just get behind them, make positive suggestions, and show our love for the game by not attacking it incessantly.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
How much did the Folau debacle cost them?
I don't know.
I assume that the payout, being confidential to both parties, is hidden in the details of the annual report.
It is only mentioned as a factor in the $9.4m loss for 2019, but no specific details are given in any press report I've seen. I haven't seen the RA annual report to be able to make any judgement there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't know.
I assume that the payout, being confidential to both parties, is hidden in the details of the annual report.
It is only mentioned as a factor in the $9.4m loss for 2019, but no specific details are given in any press report I've seen. I haven't seen the RA annual report to be able to make any judgement there.

Payout plus legals and our woke sponsor likely to go away win/win/win ...........................

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
chicks hey?

and who would you get to lead us at the most crucial moment in the game's history?

Of course, any criticism directed to a woman must be because she is a woman?

Feel free to trawl through any post where I have inferred anything of the sort. A shitty accusation.

I need only point to her record of failure at the helm.

Look to the north and I think you'd find a fine alternative candidate.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Kafer, now a highly respected commentator
The former Test star

giphy.gif

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Of course, any criticism directed to a woman must be because she is a woman?

Feel free to trawl through any post where I have inferred anything of the sort. A shitty accusation.

I need only point to her record of failure at the helm.

Look to the north and I think you'd find a fine alternative candidate.

Who?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Who exactly are the unwoke sponsors keen to put sponsorship dollars behind homophobes? There doesn't seem to be a lot of them.

I assume you also thought Rashays was being too woke when they withdrew $2m in sponsorship from the Bulldogs.

Dunno, but if you think that shit fight was a great outcome for anyone, best of luck there

Netball Australia handled it well, RA not so much

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Poor Kafe, he hasn't been the same since they took his chalkboard away. For someone who was in a High Performance role for a few years to turn around and make criticism exposes his character.