• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
I can’t read the article because screw putting money in Ruperts back pocket, but if it is indeed talking about a Kearns coup I’ll be close to throwing in the towel. What’s the bet one of his first statements will be some utterly unaware bullshit about unity, pulling together, and putting an end to self interest and sniping.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Players to be released to take up overseas deals if they want and a domestic only product. Welcome to the 1980s

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Telegraph reporting Kearns about to take over from Castle. The reporting of late is shocking and feel the old boys network is about to get its claws back on the game more than ever

For The Love Of The Game, of course. And for the low, low price of $1 a year, no doubt, given its For The Love Of The Game & all.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Relax everyone, Paul McLean has come out and stated emphatically that Raelene has his and the Boards 100% support. Nothing to see here folks, just move along .......

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
At this stage can we trust anything in the Telegraph? Why would any organisation want to change leaders right now?

100%. What organisation would have the money to sack a CEO? This is all slow news days crap

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
If it gets Kearns out of the commentary booth then I am afraid GO U GOOD THING

To be honest though, I am slightly concerned as to how this role transition will effect the causticity of the new CEO's tears.

kearnstears_zpss8rkexjt.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe they should look at who framed Larkham's contract? Just a thought.

Unfortunately most people who will use this against Castle won't read past the headline, or the leading paragraphs framing her shambolic, embarrassing, red faced gaffe.........

The Larkham debacle centred on his contract with RA, which was signed under Castle’s predecessor Bill Pulver.

There's a reason that line sits directly under the photo where it's easy to miss.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Without even scouring the car park?

Alan Jones all part of the old boys network attack with Kafer, Kearns etc. We go back to the old boys network we get rugby back to going no where. Despite all the critics would rather Castle anyday then the old boys north shore network back running the game. We need an outsider, and in what has been difficult times and complete mess she inherited I think Castle doing ok.

It was the old north shore boys network that got Australian Rugby into this clusterfuck and so we don't need them back to draw us even deeper in the poo. Kearns you are a better commentator than a RA CEO (and by the way I think you are a really shit commentator).

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
At this stage can we trust anything in the Telegraph? Why would any organisation want to change leaders right now?

Rugby had a history of going against the trend (
Fox reporting that an error in Larkham's contract meant that RA had to pay him out 12 months instead of 3. Slight bit of incompetence there.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...d/news-story/600f34bb84b45e0bcb54d3d4b255e22e

You can see why fox/murdoch going all out against Castle as you can imagine what Kearns would do which is just sign up to FOXTEL for another 5 year contract as his great forward thinking path way forward for the game.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The Aus - yes I know it’s also Newscorp - via Jessica Halloran is elaborating on this story this morning but only citing Kearns as a ‘possible’ replacement. It seems the 3 new board members want a ‘new perspective’ for the game and RUPA aren’t happy with the handling of the recent events.

As an aside, I have a friend who used to be involved with the Brumbies coaching set up and is now in cahoots with the Tahs, who certainly isn’t part of the old boys network, and normally doesn’t say much, who is being pretty vocal about RC on social media. Something is definitely going on and it’s not all about Murdoch believe it or not.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have to say, although he probably just doing what he needs to Justin Harrison is doing our game no favours, and to be honest the players are being made to look like they being greedy, wanting as much as they can get while doing nothing, when most other sports have settled. I not taking anyone's side as I know it not what it seems , but right now I think the players are starting to lose what support thay had from a lot of people who are losing jobs etc.