• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
All we know is what has been reported, which was that the Optus offer was apparently significantly higher than Foxtel’s initial bid...
I’ll quote it again just to dispel any confusion. I haven’t read all the Fox articles, but presumably we can go off whatever figures they threw around as well?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
This ain’t a personal dig at you, point is I don’t think any of us have any idea what numbers have been thrown around. But you can’t place a high regard on one media outlets reporting and completely disregard another’s. Unless your biased of course.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I’ll quote it again just to dispel any confusion. I haven’t read all the Fox articles, but presumably we can go off whatever figures they threw around as well?

Can you post any of these so called articles that contradict my claim?

I don’t believe NewsCorp have ever disputed this, except for when Pandaram claimed that RA had received no bids, before the bidding process was opened.

The narrative has largely been that RA were wrong not to accept Fox’s offer.

I’m simply going on the information reported by multiple news organisations, that does include NewsCorp via Wayne Smith.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Can you post any of these so called articles that contradict my claim?

I don’t believe NewsCorp have ever disputed this, except for when Pandaram claimed that RA had received no bids, before the bidding process was opened.

The narrative has largely been that RA were wrong not to accept Fox’s offer.

I’m simply going on the information reported by multiple news organisations, that does include NewsCorp via Wayne Smith.
Panda on March 6th
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...l/news-story/62768d3a4a97b493d13f1aaf62c9be93

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
My thoughts on hearing Dave Rennie has a "burning desire" to coach the Wallabies.......I don't believe it and I don't care.

I hope he is coming because he is a master tactician and can improve a large number of historical deficiencies:

• poor results generally
  • flashes of adequacy but generally underwhelming style of play
  • rubbish kicking game
  • players out of position on a rotating roster (what's our centre pairing again??)
  • lack of commitment and go forward
I could go on but not sure I would look to an administrator of the game to fix those and many other issues.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Can anyone explain to me why this happens so much here in Aus? Whether trying to get rid of CEOs of sports, coaches or Prime Ministers etc, there is something in the culture that seems to lend itself to backstabbing or behind the scenes shenanigans here and I not sure what it is!

Yeah, it does seem pretty common in Aus, unfortunately. Could be one of our faults. We've got a few.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Just reading in the SMH that the Chairman allowed Castle to go on the 7:30 Program knowing full well the Board had decided to let her go and after Castle asked for assurance that she'd be right to go and there was nothing she needed to know.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...caused-castle-to-crumble-20200424-p54n2u.html

Wow. Just wow.

Think what you like about Castle but that fcking stinks.

That's weak, weak chairmanship on any Board. Horrifying stuff really. Is that what we've got to look forward to under McClean's chairmanship?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
First job for Kearns and Wiggs will be building a new grandstand at Rawson Oval for Mosman Rugby Club. Need something fresh for Ladies Day Instagram posts to improve the reach of rugby in Australia.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
He's said that he'll likely step down earlier than the planned 31 July so I'd suggest he knows he's next on the hit list. But, yes, he looked & sounded pretty gutted on the tv news tonight.
Pretty toxic agenda played out by Murdoch media against castle.

To me in such a toxic and shambolic environment that is oz rugby - I thought castle made solid ground and was so close it seems to securing a new deal that would have allowed us to free us from the shackles of only being on pay tv..

I just don’t know anymore if rugby can ever move foreward as too much politics and political infighting that seems to constantly hold us back. All the Alan Jones of the world seems to do is undermine efforts of others without presenting viable solutions or alternatives. Just seems a desire to push own self serving agendas then collaborate and work with others to move the game forward.

To me I feel they are not the friends of rugby but just part of the bad smell that holds back moving the game forward. Like to be proven wrong here.

Hence to me this was all part of putting their own puppets / cronies back in place. So all I guess we can hope is now got what they wanted we just wait for the next chapter to unfold.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
OMFG. There are so many solid gold quoteworthy bits in that article that it really deserves its own thread.
Further proof that the pen is truly mightier than the sword.

Utterly excoriated.

I agree one of the most clever and well written articles summing up oz rugby - deserves its own thread - as the Mona Lisa of GRR thread as pure art

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ok fair call but from what i can dig up the bidding process had started but was pushed back a week, but no reason given. And I can’t find anything from either media company to suggest that Optus was going to offer anything other than a low ball bid, $30m is the highest speculative number I can find, $10m below Fox.

Anyway, as you were.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The Captains are proposing the Australian Rugby Review Board as below.

A59F346B-DDE6-4DB6-80F7-6483D1B1D0BB.jpeg

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Also they are going to involve Twiggy. This is all in this morning’s Aus BTW, their ideas are being considered by RA and an interim CEO is set to be installed.

4A6AE588-C059-4728-8A20-39AAD2D5173B.jpeg