• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's all in hand. We'll all become avid herpetologists, with our primary interest being in the green and gold bell frog of 'Straya,
220px-Litoria_aurea_green2.jpg
Looks to have some decent peripheral vision on him.

Clearly been skipping leg days though. His touchfinders are probably laughably tinpot. #worse_than_foley.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I fished this out of DP's dungeon.
Please refrain from referring to the entire off-topic section as "DP's Dungeon". It will only dissuade the more impressionable junior members from ever contributing to the f***n site.

In these revamped rugby-less times, the forii categorii should be reordered as;
  • General Discussion - promote to top
  • Pre-Event Bread and Circuses AKA Rugby Discussion
  • Pre-Event Bread and Circuses AKA Rugby Matches
never even looked at the other 17 categorii = no fucks given

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
And the intelligent reader can sort fact from fiction from embellishment. Every single story you read or listen to on the radio or watch on TV involves the messenger telling the story the way they want.

Like I said, during the Link/Beale/Patston event many on here said that Fairfax and Georgina Robinsion were out to destroy the game. Now apparently she's the good guy and we've found a new bad guy who's out to destroy the game.

Before that Wayne Smith was an enemy of the people to the majority around here, now he's the fount of all wisdom.

All journalism has become heavily opinionated in the last decade or so, they're all looking for the sensational story.

yeah.. so tell me why we shouldn't be sceptical or critical of the 'messenger' if they are mixing fact, fiction and embellishment then? They aren't innocent bystanders, they are paid to be journalists who shape stories and reporting through their own opinions and vested interest, and therefor put themselves into a position to be questioned as well.

Reactions: dru

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Uh yeah?

I mean, its the only thing keeping it in a state of relevance anyway. Cool, that's great if your club will survive the collapse of International Rugby in Aus (doubt it). Good for you. Who the fuck outside your club cares though? I don't give a shit about club rugby, and nor do a lot of the average sports fan unless they still play. They just wanna tune in and see a Wallabies game, maybe Super. If the game is reduced to nothing but clubs in Aus i sure as shit won't be watching rugby anymore.

If all you care about is club rugby, that will survive independent of anything that happens at the top, i wonder why you bother posting here.

Also, the elite few should rule over the others? because i want players opinions to be considered. Okay then. But yes, i do value a Wallaby's opinion about rugby over yours, or the bloke flipping sausages at the BBQ.

Mate, club football is the game.

I care about rugby & how the game is run overall. That is one of the fundamental duties of the ARU, hence my posts on this thread and forum.

Your blinkered view shows that you really don't give a shit about rugby you just want to watch something on the tv.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
From SMH:
Murmurs out of telco Optus on Thursday suggested a further cooling of interest in rugby, leaving Foxtel as the code's only hope for a broadcast deal next year.
Senior sources said the company had been horrified by the governance fiascos of the past fortnight. Clarke's predecessor Raelene Castle quit suddenly after catching wind of the RA board's own cooling interest in her, and influential new director Peter Wiggs sensationally quit the board after a failed coup attempt. A damaging campaign for change launched by a group of former Wallabies captains also worried the game's former suitors.

Explains why Clarke talking up relationship with Foxtel and ten which means rugby going no where. What a frigging mess! Typical rugby imploding on itself as reckon if left castle in tact and avoided all bs politics Optus Would still be around. Well done newscorp your campaign worked. Now just to have Hamish as our newscorp RA chairman the takeover is complete.

This is a complete disgrace and so over this shite.

Reactions: dru

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Mate, club football is the game.

I care about rugby & how the game is run overall. That is one of the fundamental duties of the ARU, hence my posts on this thread and forum.

Your blinkered view shows that you really don't give a shit about rugby you just want to watch something on the tv.

How is it blinkered? i openly acknowledge my biases. I do give a shit about rugby - but only professional rugby. No, i do not give a shit about club rugby. Im sure it's important in some way (player production?) and im also sure lots of other people care about it, but all i care about is 'what i can watch on TV'.

As an aside - when i was still playing subbies none of my team mates even watched Rugby. They were all leagies.