• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5, Sunwolves v Reds, 16/3 @ Tokyo

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Tate over Sorovi. Big time.
Stewart is not a traditional 10 but he is an extraordinary player and worked from 15 far better than 10.
CFS defence remains scatty. Some good things some not.
DP returning to form but a square peg in a round hole in this Reds team. Pity.
Kicks in play just atrocious
Line out coming along nicely.
Which doubles the scrum for a strong set piece.

Pigs, what to say? Bent backwards for 60, ref not helping with ruck interpretations. But also some really good stuff. Nice to see the maul working well.

Congrats Reds. Great win. First of the season, enjoy it.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Watched the game, put the kids to bed and then read the comments here. The Reds have won (tad lucky) and are not travelling as well as they would like. As supporters I find a lot of the comments to be disgraceful. I would love to know what level of rugby the punters here have played. The pack copped it in the first half but showed ticker to reverse it in the second stanza. It is hard to play enterprising rugby when you are backpedling. They turned it around. Well done. It’s easy to make comments when there is no name attached

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Watched the game, put the kids to bed and then read the comments here. The Reds have won (tad lucky) and are not travelling as well as they would like. As supporters I find a lot of the comments to be disgraceful. I would love to know what level of rugby the punters here have played. The pack copped it in the first half but showed ticker to reverse it in the second stanza. It is hard to play enterprising rugby when you are backpedling. They turned it around. Well done. It’s easy to make comments when there is no name attached

Is that you Matt Burke?

This is honestly one of the silliest posts I've ever read.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I thought that comments this week were an improvement on some of the things said last week

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It was a coaching masterstroke to play Stewart at 15 and Lucas at 10. Lukhan was immense. Great display by the Reds, away from home, under pressure, they got the result.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
how many first choice players are back for the Brumbies game? Thor and Rodda are the 2 I'm aware of. Any others? If they can keep their depth (gutted about losing Jordie) they could go deep into the tournie. Good for Aus rugby.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Absolutely dire for most of the game. Still not sure how we pulled off the win.

I was thinking after watching the tahs, my goodness how can this team make so many basic mistakes? Oh boy Qld made the tahs look like the harlem globetrotters in comparison.

Some positives, Lucas & Stewart combo worked well. Scrum ok, lineout OK, mauling bloody great.

Scott Young MOM for me not a perfect game, one bad missed tackle off the scrum which led to a try but gee wiz he does some work around the field.

Have always preferred Tate - he's a future wallaby & I want to see him get some game time. Loved him yelling at the pigs - this end of the field and F**cking stay down this end!

The reffing of the tackle was atrocious but credit to the sunwolves they played the ref well in that regard. But after the first few times you'd have thought the Qld forwards would cotton on and change how they were playing the ruck.

Plenty of dumb football from Qld but more importantly they showed ticker.

CFS looks like he's needs a bit of conditioning. He showed some glimpses but I fear his best is past and injuries have taken a toll.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
can't really. Why?

My physio was telling me about a serious knee injury to a Reds player occurring in that game. It did not seem so serious at the time.
Apparently a Japanese doctor did not diagnose the extent of the injury, and upon the player's return, Peter Myers the surgeon has had to operate. My physio knew one of the assistant doctors at the operation. He cited the problems but as I don't study medicine I couldn't quote them. But it was very serious stuff which Myers successfully operated on.
Whoever it might be, he won't be playing for the remainder of the Super season, or longer.

B

Bobby Sands

McReight will definitely be better over the ball than Wright, it's just a matter of how the other parts of his game stack up at this point.

My feeling is that they will stack up pretty well.

This was obvious, and not much of a prediction at all really.

Liam is still very good over the ball.

Listening to Lukhan speak about the Reds on the podcast - theres no way in hell they dissolve the state unions. Would be an absolute tragedy of biblical proportions.