• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Piccone sees this as an opportunity to be the big dog in the Australian market, for a new world where players move overseas.

As for the continued reporting of 60% pay cut, that’s only for a portion of the year as it currently stands, my understanding it’s only 25% if the salaries resumes to where they were in September. Australian rugby’s biggest issue is that it constantly has the rhetoric in the media incorrectly or deliberately explained wrong.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Skelton hasn't played for the Wallabies since 2016 though. If we're talking about current players available for selection and with international form, Rodda is one of the first forwards picked, in my opinion.

Of course that may all mean nothing if he signs overseas now.

comment about referring to Rodda as Word XV standard.

If we had an open team, he'd be pushed be Australian XV.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
We disagree on this obviously, but that's the beauty of an open forum.

AGREED. Also yes, if we are talking an Australian XV who are eligible then yes Rodda is a lock in for the lock spot.

BUT he has now cancelled his contract soooo technically not eligible anymore!

Australias eligible NO.1 Locking combination is now probably Phillips and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), backed up by Blyth and Neville.

B

Bobby Sands

Ahh well, carry on..

Genuinely not that concerned about it.

Reeks of sour grapes, and Picone whispering delusions of grandeur in their ears.

QLD rugby has unfortunately become a Greek tragedy, but I really believe we have the cattle as both players and people to flush out this sort of stuff.

Catcha boys.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What's in the water in Brisbane? Do I have a selective memory or has the Reds had an unnaturally high amount of players leave in unfavourable circumstances? QC (Quade Cooper), Gill, Slipper, Kerevi, one Smith twin, Rodda, Lucas, Hockings, there's more I know.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
15 Jock Campbell
14 Filipo Daugunu
13 Jordan Petaia
12 Hamish Stewart
11 Henry Speight
10 James O'Connor
9 Tate McDermott
8 Harry Wilson
7 Fraser McReight
6 Liam Wright [c]
5 Lukhan Salakai-Loto
4 Angus Blyth
3 Taniela Tupou
2 Alex Mafi
1 JP Smith

16 Brandon Paenga-Amosa
17 Dane Zander
18 Feao Fotuaika
19 Michael Wood
20 Angus Scott-Young
21 Scot Maloula
22 Bryce Hegarty
23 Chris Feauai-Sautia

B

Bobby Sands

It’s hard to be an urban cowboy in a small town moonlighting as a major city.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
15 Jock Campbell
14 Filipo Daugunu
13 Jordan Petaia
12 Hamish Stewart
11 Henry Speight
10 James O'Connor
9 Tate McDermott
8 Harry Wilson
7 Fraser McReight
6 Liam Wright [c]
5 Lukhan Salakai-Loto
4 Angus Blyth
3 Taniela Tupou
2 Alex Mafi
1 JP Smith

16 Brandon Paenga-Amosa
17 Dane Zander
18 Feao Fotuaika
19 Michael Wood
20 Angus Scott-Young
21 Scot Maloula
22 Bryce Hegarty
23 Chris Feauai-Sautia

They also have Angus Blythes younger brother on a long term contract as well going forward, just as talented, if not more so then his older brother.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
What's in the water in Brisbane? Do I have a selective memory or has the Reds had an unnaturally high amount of players leave in unfavourable circumstances? QC (Quade Cooper), Gill, Slipper, Kerevi, one Smith twin, Rodda, Lucas, Hockings, there's more I know.

QC (Quade Cooper) - Was not wanted by the current coaching team due to his style of rugby not being what they were trying to play. Was told that he wasn't going to be picked and understandably still wanted his high paying contract to be honoured.
Gill - Was third string at the Wallabies No. 7 and went O/S for cash.
Slipper - Sacked after his second cocaine result
Kerevi - Chasing the Japanese big bucks
Smith - Unsure what happened there
Rodda - Upset he wasn't made captain
Lucas - ?
Hockings - ?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if the three guys sign for another Aussie team for probably the same money they were on at the Reds. Just taking advantage of the opportunity to get out when they can. Have heard rumblings of issues with Thorn's communication strategy.
Hockings and Rodda at the Tah's would do a lot for them, the Tah's that is. Also think Lucas would do well at the Rebels.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hockings - not in matchday 23/reserve at best at the moment, offer tabled reflected current worth more than potential. Wasn't happy with the long term deal on offer.
Lucas - Chasing game time. Thinks he should be starting.

Wild speculation...

Bit given Adam's post above - sounds like we had to lose lock or two anyway. Can't have 5 promising/already solid locks on 4 year contracts. Hopefully LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is happy being a lock so that Wright, McReight, Wilson all get plenty of game time.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
15 Jock Campbell
14 Filipo Daugunu
13 Jordan Petaia
12 Hamish Stewart
11 Henry Speight
10 James O'Connor
9 Tate McDermott
8 Harry Wilson
7 Fraser McReight
6 Liam Wright [c]
5 Lukhan Salakai-Loto
4 Angus Blyth
3 Taniela Tupou
2 Alex Mafi
1 JP Smith

16 Brandon Paenga-Amosa
17 Dane Zander
18 Feao Fotuaika
19 Michael Wood
20 Angus Scott-Young
21 Scot Maloula
22 Bryce Hegarty
23 Chris Feauai-Sautia

Where is Paisami...

Another Piccone player... holding back some mail there Reg or an oversight on your matchday 23?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I wouldn't be surprised if the three guys sign for another Aussie team for probably the same money they were on at the Reds. Just taking advantage of the opportunity to get out when they can. Have heard rumblings of issues with Thorn's communication strategy.
Hockings and Rodda at the Tah's would do a lot for them, the Tah's that is. Also think Lucas would do well at the Rebels.

I mean, that's possible and all. But Rodda signed a new contract 8 months ago and Lucas was given a 4 year contract last year too. Thorn was the coach back then as well.......