• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Our turn for some Jess Halloran hyperbole tomorrow in the newspaper. Headline says 16 Rebels poised to leave, but in the article only confirms one player has actually signed somewhere else as it stands.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
So basically they haven't signed new contracts yet, probably looked on the Wikipedia page for Super rugby transfers and did some maths........

Our turn for some
Our turn for some Jess Halloran hyperbole tomorrow in the newspaper. Headline says 16 Rebels poised to leave, but in the article only confirms one player has actually signed somewhere else as it stands.

hyperbole tomorrow in the newspaper. Headline says 16 Rebels poised to leave, but in the article only confirms one player has actually signed somewhere else as it stands.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
6b3b6fe4a5acd5b5754ed4f7ebeab9c2

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Andrew Deegan - Looking for game time?
RHP - Looking for game time, has not really been getting any consistent time in the 23.
Ryan Louwrens - Would be a big loss, would be one of the first on the list i'd resign.
Rangi - If he loses the starting spot id would not blame him.
Koegelenberg - Still undecided on him
English - Best of Luck, hope they give you a life membership as a parting gift. You will always be a Rebel.
Kellaway - Unlikely, came back to make a statement and wants to play Super Rugby and for the Wallabies
Koroibete - Unlikely, wouldn't leave Melbourne when he switched codes and ARU can't afford to lose him.
Jones - Best of luck, mismanaged twice in positional choices.
Ainsley - Highlanders? Really? NZ like to take Aussie props for some reason.
Potter - Enjoy the Hogwarts tour
Philip - Will believe it when I see it
Meakes - Best of luck, will kill it in that comp
Cottrell - Same as above
Lomani - Foreign player, not surprised.
Magnay - Has not managed to get regular game time, think he should goto the Tahs in all honesty.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blows my mind some of these guys either have already or think they can get Japan contracts. They're barely Super standard.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Andrew Deegan - Looking for game time?

RHP - Looking for game time, has not really been getting any consistent time in the 23.

Ryan Louwrens - Would be a big loss, would be one of the first on the list i'd resign.

Rangi - If he loses the starting spot id would not blame him.

Koegelenberg - Still undecided on him

English - Best of Luck, hope they give you a life membership as a parting gift. You will always be a Rebel.

Kellaway - Unlikely, came back to make a statement and wants to play Super Rugby and for the Wallabies

Koroibete - Unlikely, wouldn't leave Melbourne when he switched codes and ARU can't afford to lose him.

Jones - Best of luck, mismanaged twice in positional choices.

Ainsley - Highlanders? Really? NZ like to take Aussie props for some reason.

Potter - Enjoy the Hogwarts tour

Philip - Will believe it when I see it

Meakes - Best of luck, will kill it in that comp

Cottrell - Same as above

Lomani - Foreign player, not surprised.

Magnay - Has not managed to get regular game time, think he should goto the Tahs in all honesty.

Need Louwrens - will be pissed if he's not wallaby eligible as he should be preferred over Gordon.

Isn't Koroibete signed for 2021? He did a 2 year extension in September 19.

Ainsley is born, raised and schooled in Otago region. Perhaps homeward bound?

Magnay should stay if Meakes and English are leaving - should finally get to play!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
the Rebels have a MOU with Kintesu, English played there last year in the Super off season, it is a way of defraying costs. Louwrens also played in japan last year. perhaps Deegan and RHP are going as "inter season" top ups, or perhaps its all a beat up. the only actual confirmed departure is Luke Jones back to France. it remains to be seen what the professional rugby landscape will look like next year anyway, of the above list many have contracts into 2021 and beyond.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Phillip, Koro and Kellaway are the only three that would really annoy me if they left.

Kellaway and Phillip feel like they are on the cusp of a Wallaby breakthrough, which surely has to count for something.

They'd both be in my 15

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
the Rebels have a MOU with Kintesu, English played there last year in the Super off season, it is a way of defraying costs. Louwrens also played in japan last year. perhaps Deegan and RHP are going as "inter season" top ups, or perhaps its all a beat up. the only actual confirmed departure is Luke Jones back to France. it remains to be seen what the professional rugby landscape will look like next year anyway, of the above list many have contracts into 2021 and beyond.

Who is that list has a contract for 2021 and beyond?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
This was my favourite bit:

There are fears in the rugby community that the Rebels are in financial strife and facing extinction. Stephenson rubbished the suggestion and said the future for the Rebels was bright.

Based on? A thorough look at the books? Gool ol' journalistic instinct? I'm guessing...nothing. Nada.

Guess they've finished white antinc RC, time to move onto the Rebels.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
This was my favourite bit:

Based on? A thorough look at the books? Gool ol' journalistic instinct? I'm guessing.nothing. Nada.

Guess they've finished white antinc RC, time to move onto the Rebels.

Big chance that NFJ and his band of merry captains want us out, so..... Halloran.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Big chance that NFJ and his band of merry captains want us out, so... Halloran.

Could be, but they'd be giving up the second biggest marketi in the country. No major Australian sport is stupid enough to not have a presense in Melbourne.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Could be, but they'd be giving up the second biggest marketi in the country. No major Australian sport is stupid enough to not have a presense in Melbourne.

Dear Rebels - please do not underestimate current circumstances. There is a serious push to shrink to greatness, hidden under a banner of "must face reality". Fake banner, but it's there.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)

Genuine question Oz what would you suggest re the survival of the Rebels or supposed financial problems?