• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia domestic rugby 2020

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Danish football where they've installed a 40 x 3m video wall that fans can "zoom" into while watching the game on tv
Yep, probably as close as we could get right now.

the fact the Reds game is at Suncorp I hope means there is a chance of fans?

I don't see the point otherwise.
Yeah, it's a big venue at the best of times.

Might be some obligation (real or perhaps just relationship-related) to the previous 2020 stadium arrangements.

Realistically, it's probably too big, outside of test matches, in the near future.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
the fact the Reds game is at Suncorp I hope means there is a chance of fans?

I don't see the point otherwise.

If they are allowing 50 people in pubs and thousands in shopping malls then you'd think they could allow some fans in and spread them out. Perhaps restrict it to members of the teams playing for now, would have the knock on effect of getting some much needed cash into the franchises via increased membership. I'd even join up to the Brumbies if I had to ;)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So a month away from start of our domestic competition supposedly and still no broadcast deal - anyone have any inside info on this?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Weeks away from supposed start of oz domestic derby and still nothing on the broadcast front - is the beginning of the end for pro rugby in this country?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
where? and will they own it?

The last I heard they were still looking. They have said that we will move towards the north west, because that is where our supporters live now. Yes, the plan is to own it, although there might be other options worth considering.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So they are saying the Waratahs might now play their first few home games at ANZ so they can maximise the amount of supporters under Covid rules. Makes sense, I’d be happy to watch the games in a paddock at Wilcannia TBH.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It is hard to believe but I fear we could be seeing a dismantling of pro rugby if can’t get a deal. I hope this is a misplaced fear...

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah 2020 has been weird in many ways. I don’t think it would be disastrous if Fox don’t pick it up straight away. At the very least RA and/or the franchises will stream it and with crowds now allowed maybe people will actually head out and watch the game live. I can’t see Fox and FTA not picking up the Bledisloes, that’s where this year’s revenue is going to come from really. 2021 negotiations crucial though.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
ROUND 1 LOCKED IN!

Reds v Waratahs July 3 7:05pm Brisbane
Brumbies v Rebels July 4 7:15pm Canberra

Not to be overly negative, I'm stoked we get rugby back but how did AFL and NRL organise their incredibly more complex 18 teams from all over Aus to start a month before ours?