• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2020

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
remember when they said they were going to sign the likes of Carter, Gill and McMahon??

That was certainly was Forrest's original intention but wiser heads prevailed as it would have had a detrimental impact on developing local talent in the countries involved.

Forrest and his team are working on a longer-term vision for the growth of Global Rapid Rugby in close collaboration with World Rugby and all of the Rugby Unions in the Asia-Pacific region.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That was certainly was Forrest's original intention but wiser heads prevailed as it would have had a detrimental impact on developing local talent in the countries involved.

Forrest and his team are working on a longer-term vision in close collaboration with World Rugby and all of the Rugby Unions in the Asia-Pacific region.
giphy.gif

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
An odd time to be smug...

Reminds me of those war movies where the aristocrats don't realise it is every man for himself and assume the world will maintain its social order.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Which part do you think is BS? I'd say Forrest is easily arrogant enough to have believed/intended that to happen. I also don't doubt wiser heads would have said marquee imports contribute little longer term. Nothing is said about why they prevailed (because presumably McMahon et al. all said thanks but no thanks).

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
CAPTAIN PREPARED TO FACE OLD RIVALS

June 1, 2020
Captain Ian Prior says the team is looking forward to proving themselves against former teammates and old rivals as they prepare to be part of Rugby Australia’s 2020 Super Rugby competition.
In his third year as Captain, Prior, says the 2017 axeing from Super Rugby has made the club and team more resilient when faced with adversity. He says the challenge of rejoining the competition and the possibility of relocating the eastern states will be one the team will be equipped to take within their stride.

Reactions: dru

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I wonder if there's been any approaches by the Force to sign Rodda. If they are going to compete they could really use a world class forward like him. He's clearly available. Seems like a no brainer

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd be keen. Recent decision making aside, I really rate Rodda. In terms of keeping up with the Super Rugby franchises, I think its the locks and centres where we'll be exposed the most.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I loved Tapuai at the Reds but he wasn't the same player at the Force. I'd take him, but sooner have Kyle Godwin- preferably in 2014 form.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Would love to see Zack Holmes come back for a late Wallabies push come to think of it. Wonder what his kicking stats are like these days.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wonder if there's been any approaches by the Force to sign Rodda. If they are going to compete they could really use a world class forward like him. He's clearly available. Seems like a no brainer

All three would be make the squad considerably stronger.

15 Jack McGregor
14 Byron Ralston
13 Marcel Brache
12 Nick Jooste
11 Jonah Placid
10 Isaac Lucas
9 Ian Prior
8 Brynard Stander
7 Chris Alcock
6 Tevin Ferris
5 Harry Hockings
4 Izack Rodda
3 Angus Wagner
2 Andrew Ready
1 Chris Heiberg

16 Heath Tessman
17 Tom Sheminant
18 Kieran Longbottom
19 Fergus Lee-Warner
20 Henry Stowers
21 Jacob Abel
22 Grason Makara
23 Brad Lacey

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
All three would be make the squad considerably stronger.
Maybe you're cut out to be a player agent.

In saying that, there might be a certain fit for youngsters Lucas and Hockings as Rapid Rugby players next year. But surely Rodda could parlay his test caps into a bigger cash deal in the NH.

Sure, if he wants play out of Perth next year - well, that'd be surprising, but fine. There's just not a huge case for getting guys in for eight weeks.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

In saying that, there might be a certain fit for youngsters Lucas and Hockings as Rapid Rugby players next year. But surely Rodda could parlay his test caps into a bigger cash deal in the NH.

Sure, if he wants play out of Perth next year - well, that'd be surprising, but fine. There's just not a huge case for getting guys
in for eight weeks.

I was thinking purely this year for the SUper RUgby comp. I expect they all have deals elsewhere already (with some questions over Rodda) but nothing to do until November at least. The Force should snap them up

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Sure, if he wants play out of Perth next year - well, that'd be surprising, but fine. There's just not a huge case for getting guys in for eight weeks.
Could actually be a really fun job

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Comp starts - if it starts at all - in 4 weeks time, is that right? State border is still closed so it's hard to see this panning out. In French rugby parlance, these three are jokers.

And yep, it would be fun, Derpus. But I thought these guys were all about playing for money. If they were playing for fun, why cut and run from bne?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Comp starts - if it starts at all - in 4 weeks time, is that right? State border is still closed so it's hard to see this panning out. In French rugby parlance, these three are jokers.

And yep, it would be fun, Derpus. But I thought these guys were all about playing for money. If they were playing for fun, why cut and run from bne?

they all about money. Which is why signing for the Force makes sense.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
^ Rodda could play for the Wallabies now - doesn't want it. The others aren't Wallaby standard.

they all about money. Which is why signing for the Force makes sense.
Let's see, shall we.

The Force is a medium-level money team. Only reason they're in the conversation is the Reds have also dropped to that level.