• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2020

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I was thinking purely this year for the SUper RUgby comp. I expect they all have deals elsewhere already (with some questions over Rodda) but nothing to do until November at least. The Force should snap them up

Reg, Are you suggesting the SURUAU label for the new comp?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Reg, Are you suggesting the SURUAU label for the new comp?
New sponsor

Subaru.png

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are there any STRONG rumours out west of any likely signings for Super Rugby? Or do you think they'll just run with the current squad. They could pick up a few 7s players - perhaps Rocket comes back?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Are there any STRONG rumours out west of any likely signings for Super Rugby? Or do you think they'll just run with the current squad. They could pick up a few 7s players - perhaps Rocket comes back?

No STRONG rumours available from me.
BUT.....fairly sure that the squad will be boosted with some injury coverage in key positions.
Don't expect any BIG names - more of a return to the fold of players with past WF experience.
Matt Hodgson is evidently still pushing his "No DH" policy which has worked a treat so far.

Now that the fixture has been finalised would expect announcememts before end of the month.
Can't watch the guys train as they are in en enclosed venue - closed to the public - at the direction of the WA govt.
I haven't got the time/inclination to play the sleuth.
I guess we'll just have to be patient...........

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Amazing, but you know, Greg Holmes - wow.

Agree. If Holmes represents the calibre of injury coverage for the Western Force then we're in for some real competition.

He may be 36 yo but......
Greg Holmes was a genuine single team (Reds) TH/LH prop who played 27 Tests for Wallabies. A genuine scrummager. He's been a consistent performer for Exeter.
From all accounts he is universally considered to be a top bloke.
RugbyPass has him ranked as #2 TH Prop in Gallagher and #12 TH in World.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Agree. If Holmes represents the calibre of injury coverage for the Western Force then we're in for some real competition.

He may be 36 yo but..
Greg Holmes was a genuine single team (Reds) TH/LH prop who played 27 Tests for Wallabies. A genuine scrummager. He's been a consistent performer for Exeter.
From all accounts he is universally considered to be a top bloke.
RugbyPass has him ranked as #2 TH Prop in Gallagher and #12 TH in World.

When did Rugby Pass rate him that?

He is a quality lad.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
When did Rugby Pass rate him that?

He is a quality lad.

It's fairly current after his last game in 2019.

WForce tall timber looking OK with the addition of Ollie.
Ben Grant 2.05m; Ollie Atkins 2.00m; Jeremy Thrush 1.98m; Fergus L-W 1.94m; Jackson P 1.94m; Yogi B 1.92m; Henry S 1.90m; Brynard S 1.90m.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Greg Holmes will be a solid finisher to bring on in the last 20, I wouldn’t expect him to be playing more then 40 mins a game. He has been playing professional rugby now for 15 years now, approaching Radike Samo status.

B

Bobby Sands

I thought Ollie Atkins, was Ollie Hoskins for a second there...

I said a few months ago that I want to see him come back, but he might be setting his sights on representing the Poms now.