• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 1 (REDUX): Reds v Waratahs

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
How long is it since the Reds won one of these? Or have I forgotten one?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Can you believe it, pls clap as you read the statement of a (very occasional) optimist.....

If both the Reds and Tahs stay on the playing trajectory they established early in 2020, the Reds should win this and well.

The 2020 Reds were often playing the best they have in years (well, not hard) and the Tahs, perhaps the worst (though that is saying something as well).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
How long is it since the Reds won one of these? Or have I forgotten one?

Sully, I can remember a time when the Reds would consistently beat the Tahs, even when way below them on the table. All a matter of cycles. Maybe Round 1 will see the start of a new cycle.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It would be bad signs for Australian rugby if the Tahs pull this off against a side with so many youngsters touted as future Wallabies.

I’ll be more than content if the Tahs go down in a shootout like a couple of years ago where both sides scored 4+ tries.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It would be bad signs for Australian rugby if the Tahs pull this off against a side with so many youngsters touted as future Wallabies.

I’ll be more than content if the Tahs go down in a shootout like a couple of years ago where both sides scored 4+ tries.
I'd say the opposite. You want teams that otherwise might not be fancied to compete, to outdo their reputation and to push the favoured team. Then we get better. It has kept the NZ conference stronger to have more teams that contend.
I don't think they will, however.