• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Round 1 of the CAS Rugby Comp is scheduled to start on Saturday July 18, giddy up!

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
From Barker head

The CAS Heads and General Committee have followed this government announcement and
agreed to the introduction of CAS sport on the following key dates:

July 1 For applicable sports, return to full contact training is permissible and match preparation phase can begin
July 18 First and Second (Open) male sports teams will return to play
July 25 Other male sports teams return to competition within the CAS sports framework
August 15 Final weekend for Winter competition for Open age teams
August 22 Final weekend for Winter competition for all other CAS age groups
August 29 First weekend for Athletics invitational carnivals

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
It will be an interesting competition. Virtually no form to go on. It may even things up a touch as everyone will be underprepared and the three schools with less depth (St Aloysius, Cranbrook, Trinity) are likely to have something close to their best side available for longer than usual.

Anyhow, it will be interesting to watch, if we can watch it. if there are likely to be limits on who can attend games, you'd hope schools will take steps to stream some of the games, the way the CAS swimming was streamed.

Mr Huge

Stan Wickham (3)
It will be interesting to see how the schools handle the crowd numbers. Parents aren't allowed on the Barker grounds at present, but Given that outdoor venues will be now allowed to operate at 25% of max capacity by July, a model for managing numbers at games will need to be settled on. One thing is for sure, sales of big green dot stickers with an 'X' on them will not decline any time soon.

ZHC

Peter Burge (5)
Interesting. I know this is pollinating from another forum i.e. AAGPS. But for the opens rugby, CAS is all over by mid August. Whereas GPS doesn't start till after that and then finishes mid September!

In the AAGPS forum, Sonny Dill Williams posted this last Saturday 6:11pm

Scots season

Aug 8 trial v Joeys (away)
Aug 15 trial v Kings (home)
Aug 22 Round 1 v New (home)
Aug 29 Round 2 v Joeys (home)
Sep 5 Round 3 v Kings (away)
Sep 12 Round 4 v Shore (home)
Sept 19 Round 5 v Riverview (away)

Curious to know other draws and whether any trials v CAS schools?
Had hope to see Waves v Joeys

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Knox's Fixture List has come out

Term 2 Holiday Fixtures
Saturday
11 July
St Edmund’s College (A) 1st XV / 2nd XV / 16A / 15A / 14A / 13A
Saturday
18 July
CAS R1 Trinity (H) 1st XV and 2nd XV only
St Patrick’s College (H) 3rd XV / 4th XV / 16A / 15A / 14A / 13A
Term 3 Fixtures
Saturday
25 July
CAS R2 St Aloysius (A)
Saturday
1 August
CAS R3 Cranbrook (H)
Saturday
8 August
CAS R4 Waverley College (H)
Saturday
15 August
CAS R5 Barker (A)
Saturday
22 August
CAS R1 Trinity U13 / U14 / U15 / U16 only

Reactions: WLF

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker has a couple of trials coming up although not sure if they are deemed games or robust opposed contact training sessions.

4th July St Augustines
11th July Newington (at Barker)
Start the comp on 18th with Aloys at home.

The squad is in good shape with the exception of Ned Slack Smith last years 1st XV No8 (year 10 in 2019). He did his knee and is out for the season.

A possible starting XV could look like this.

1. Chayton Ekanayake (1sts/2nds 2019)
2.Tyrone Albertson (U16s)
3. Lachlan Hetherington (2nds 2019)
4. Lachlan Hooper
5. Mark Green (2nds 2019)
6 Dan Stovold Capt. (1st 2019)
7 Mitch Wheels (1st 2019)
8 Ben Randal (1st/2nds 2019)
9. Luke Harrison (2nds 2019)
10.Ben Graham (1sts 2019) in from 12
11. Grant Tucker (U16s 2019)
12.Joe Kennedy
13. Liam Jones (1st XV 2019)
14. ? Galloway (Kyles younger brother)
15 Kyle Bowen (1st Xv 2019)

Lets hope spectators will be allowed into the grounds.

Barker3peat

Stan Wickham (3)
Barker has a couple of trials coming up although not sure if they are deemed games or robust opposed contact training sessions.

4th July St Augustines

The squad is in good shape with the exception of Ned Slack Smith last years 1st XV No8 (year 10 in 2019). He did his knee and is out for the season.

4. Lachlan Hooper
12.Joe Kennedy

Barker looking very strong. I imagine Bowen will be at 10. Lachlan Hooper impressing as well after coming along. I imagine the biggest threats will be Trinity, but Barker will be very hard with so many faces back from last years premiership team. It was a sad day when Ned did his knee, hopefully we get him back next year.

Some internal games continuing next week- great to have rugby back.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Barker looking very strong. I imagine Bowen will be at 10. Lachlan Hooper impressing as well after coming along. I imagine the biggest threats will be Trinity, but Barker will be very hard with so many faces back from last years premiership team. It was a sad day when Ned did his knee, hopefully we get him back next year.

Some internal games continuing next week- great to have rugby back.

Agree B3P,

Ned is a great young man and player, hope he will be back next year.
Also agree that you will need to watch our for your biggest threat, Trinity.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)

4th July St Augustines

4. Lachlan Hooper
12.Joe Kennedy

The 14 for Barker is Aidan Galloway......a back rower who can cover any position from 12 and wider....he's a seriously good rugby player.

Barker3peat

Stan Wickham (3)
The 14 for Barker is Aidan Galloway..a back rower who can cover any position from 12 and wider..he's a seriously good rugby player.

Agree. Outstanding speed, but not at his brothers yet.

I think his best position to build some confidence will be wider, but that’s up to the coaching staff.

The coaches have been working very hard, even when students weren’t at school. A paramount to the high standards set at Barker.

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Agree B3P,

Ned is a great young man and player, hope he will be back next year.
Also agree that you will need to watch our for your biggest threat, Trinity.

Would also have to agree with you WLF about Trinity being big threats this year although I have heard that waverly will have a really strong team this year with a lot of depth amongst them. I wonder how those underated teams (cranbrook and aloys) will go this season considering it will only be a short one.

Mr S

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Would also have to agree with you WLF about Trinity being big threats this year although I have heard that waverly will have a really strong team this year with a lot of depth amongst them. I wonder how those underated teams (cranbrook and aloys) will go this season considering it will only be a short one.

Mr S

Mr S, Yes its clear that Barker are hot favs, followed by Cranbrook, Knox,Trinity and Aloys, hard to pick a winner here.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Mr S, Yes its clear that Barker are hot favs, followed by Cranbrook, Knox,Trinity and Aloys, hard to pick a winner here.

Waverly parents be like

please-dont-mistake-my-smile-for-agreement-im-just-gritting-my-teeth-6f913.png

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)

Quite the shit stirrer you are WLF trying to humble your Waverly teams, anyways I assume you will have some intell on the predicted 1XV side for Waves this year with the likes of both Ronald Volkman and Emanuel Di Bartolo battling it out for the same n.o 10 posistion.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Quite the shit stirrer you are WLF trying to humble your Waverly teams, anyways I assume you will have some intell on the predicted 1XV side for Waves this year with the likes of both Ronald Volkman and Emanuel Di Bartolo battling it out for the same n.o 10 posistion.

Nothing like a bit of banter, and as well all know, nothing we say will change anything.
Mr S seems to have some info on the Waves positional battles, and WTF is always good for a reply comment (many of which are pretty funny).
Axel likes to watch!

Bring on the season!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
haven't gone over the last few pages, but what is the crowd plan for this comp in Sydney? Just interested to compare about plans for QLD.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
haven't gone over the last few pages, but what is the crowd plan for this comp in Sydney? Just interested to compare about plans for QLD.

I know with Barker, no parents are allowed on ground at the present, although this may change for the start of the 5 round comp - decision to made later. Even with trial matches/sessions with other schools, no parental attendance is permitted.