• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Looks like Mack Mason is officially done and dusted. Never really given much of a shot, and Harrison already looks better.

B

Bobby Sands

Looks like Mack Mason is officially done and dusted. Never really given much of a shot, and Harrison already looks better.

Sad story this one, but I think you are right.

Not really the Tahs fault, but a definite case of Australian rugby not having the environment to cater for all players development. I think he will be a decent to pretty good Euro 10. Is very organised without being spectacular, although I saw him rip apart Randwick in 2019 when the game got tight and he looked very good that day!

Jason Gilmore used to joke that he had the easiest job of all time at Churchie and the U20s feeding the ball to the players he had outside him. Might be something in that that joke.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Jason Gilmore used to joke that he had the easiest job of all time at Churchie and the U20s feeding the ball to the players he had outside him. Might be something in that that joke.

Watching him play u20 for Queensland I just couldn't understand the hype. I also however thought McLean Jones was going to be a world beater from that team.

Mason might have been handled poorly in Super Rugby but it doesnt excuse his up and down form at SS level. It's not like he dominated that comp. At some point you just need to move on.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Was treated spectacularly poorly by tahs coaching staff. Already knew he was a busted flush after the game last year. Not sure who advised him to sign down here but what a shit deal it turned out to be.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was it actually published anywhere about Mason leaving the Tahs?

From Nine's papers today.........

He started in January’s trial against the Highlanders but injured his groin in another practice game against the Reds off the bench.

Now he is nowhere to be seen and without a contract for next year, after being leapfrogged by Randwick duo Will Harrison and Ben Donaldson in the pecking order.

The Waratahs say Mason was granted permission to explore employment opportunities on the farm back home in Queensland while continuing a strength and conditioning program from afar. He is still contracted until November but hasn’t been called back to Sydney to train with the main squad.

It appears very unlikely the Waratahs will offer Mason a new deal.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...-after-beale-takes-shape-20200623-p555ex.html

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Was treated spectacularly poorly by tahs coaching staff. Already knew he was a busted flush after the game last year. Not sure who advised him to sign down here but what a shit deal it turned out to be.

I fail to see how he has been 'treated spectacularly poorly' by the Waratahs- at the end of the day, they have paid him to train in a professional environment but play semi-professionally. The guy may have had 'limited' opportunities in Super Rugby but he has had played plenty of rugby in SS and has never consistently set the world on fire.

It may sound harsh but Mack has been lucky enough to get paid to play professional rugby over the last 3 years, while never really delivering on his promise and provided value in return. What more should the 'Tahs have done?