• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 1 (REDUX): Brumbies v Rebels

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Really? i thought the Rebels were in fairly decent form before lockdown. I think Brumbies are favourites but it hopefully wont be a flogging.

Agree,

I think the Brumbies should win, don't think it will be a smashing.

Also think the trial rules favor the Rebels.

22-50 and 50-22 with the Rebels backline of kickers should be a massive bonus.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Rebels by the length of the straight.

Except for that early season aberration this year, the Brumbies have been our Darryl Cullinans for the past few seasons.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Agree,

I think the Brumbies should win, don't think it will be a smashing.

Also think the trial rules favor the Rebels.

22-50 and 50-22 with the Rebels backline of kickers should be a massive bonus.

what do you think is the best Rebels backline, in fact 23, at the moment is? I must say its hard to keep up as they seem to rotate through fairly often

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Pretty much agree, would have this back line with English on the bench so they can go with a 6-2 split

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels had such a 'mare start to the season with losing to the Sunwolves (gone but not forgotten) but had some good wins over the 'Tahs, Lions & Highlanders, felt like something was clicking. Hopefully they continue form and not slide back to the start.

Just to get some hype going, here's the highlights from the Rebels' last game:

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Made me watch all the highlights except the Sunwolves game,

Think we were starting to look good and click, even the Brumbies and Sharks games we had some good plays. Also think we were pretty hard done by against the Sharks with a couple of very questionable passes.

Tahs was a scrappy night, forgot how wet it was.

Clan and Lions highlights will be on repeat for the day I think.