• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

ZHC

Peter Burge (5)
Correct @WLF don't listen to the rumours on social media. Those in the know, know there was NO Waverley training LAST weekend at all. o_O:p

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Correct @WLF don't listen to the rumours on social media. Those in the know, know there was NO Waverley training LAST weekend at all. o_O:p

Yep well aware ZHC, not sure why such comments occur, particularly in relation to a sensitive topic, let's all stick to footy.

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Yep well aware ZHC, not sure why such comments occur, particularly in relation to a sensitive topic, let's all stick to footy.

On the brighter side of things relating to footy it really does look like this CAS season will be a cracka with Waves and Barker being the favourites, although how I dont know too much about the 2XV comp but I am quite positive that Barker and Waves will be very strong in that division considering the amount of depth they have. Where abouts have they placed your son WLF ? I can see him being one of the standouts in the 3XV side.

Mr S

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
On the brighter side of things relating to footy it really does look like this CAS season will be a cracka with Waves and Barker being the favourites, although how I dont know too much about the 2XV comp but I am quite positive that Barker and Waves will be very strong in that division considering the amount of depth they have. Where abouts have they placed your son WLF ? I can see him being one of the standouts in the 3XV side.

Mr S

No teams picked yet,probably for any school side I would assume. Junior WLF is playing soccer, what relationship do you have to Barker?

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
No teams picked yet,probably for any school side I would assume. Junior WLF is playing soccer, what relationship do you have to Barker?

Quite interesting seeing junior WLF playing soccer this season especially when he has senior WLF who played in the CAS 16s side last year and I am very close friends with a barker parent who's son is battling for a 1XV spot this year.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Quite interesting seeing junior WLF playing soccer this season especially when he has senior WLF who played in the CAS 16s side last year and I am very close friends with a barker parent who's son is battling for a 1XV spot this year.

HA HA Touche Mr S, is your mates boy a handy 1st X1 Barker wicket keeper?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Sounds like a mix up here, there are 2 WLF juniors, think you mean the older 1, now in the Opens?

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Sounds like a mix up here, there are 2 WLF juniors, think you mean the older 1, now in the Opens?

Yes sorry about the miss understanding of the two junior WLF's, how is the one in the opens going I hear he would be quite a stand out in the 3XV this year if he doesn't make the 2XV.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Yes sorry about the miss understanding of the two junior WLF's, how is the one in the opens going I hear he would be quite a stand out in the 3XV this year if he doesn't make the 2XV.

Yes I thought you meant the older one, very hard to pick this year, not long to go.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Was I close about the Barker boy I guessed, I assume he was a centre in the Barker 16as?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Mr S, do you have a boy at Waverley.

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Mr S, do you have a boy at Waverley.

Sadly not, I do have a younger boy in year 6 though and am currently looking for a high school for him to attend, to benefit his education as a main priority, which I do not believe Waverley plays a high importance on after hearing a few negative comments regarding their academics.

Mr S :)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Sadly not, I do have a younger boy in year 6 though and am currently looking for a high school for him to attend, to benefit his education as a main priority, which I do not believe Waverley plays a high importance on after hearing a few negative comments regarding their academics.

Mr S, to be honest nothing could be further from the truth. The school does well year in and out for those boys who have an academic focus. The teaching and resources are excellent.
It is a school that often replicates real life, in that, you get University foused boys, Sports focused boys, Trade focused boys etc, pretty much a replica of real life.

I would dig a bit deeper into the academic offerings of the school, I wouldn't be relying just on sports minded people, and hearsay! 1 boy topped the state last year.
Many boys end up being very well rounded as opposed to just academic or just sports focused.

IMO Sport is a very important part of growing up, eg team work, personal training, dealing with wins/losses, social skills etc, I would rather be like this, if it suits you, then a single minded/focused person, but that's my opinion and what a lot of the sporty boys are achieving, many more than people think.

Cheers!

Barker3peat

Stan Wickham (3)

Good point.

WLF can make all the excuses he wants, but the results speak for themselves!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Good point.

WLF can make all the excuses he wants, but the results speak for themselves!

Firstly, all our associated schools, along with many others are tremendous schools, and our boys are privileged to attend any of them.

B3P, I respectfully ask that you don't comment when you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about your chosen topic.

Before you try and come back with stats, READ what I said and understand that the make up of some schools is a mix of boys, not just academics, who often contribute not much to the school culture but make the ATAR ranking look good.

What I said is correct, I will never be degoratory about any school, Barker is a tremendous school.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you fully understand what I have said.

Rugbylad

Frank Row (1)
Predicted Trinity 1st XV forward pack 2020:
1. Tyson Jackson (1st XV) or Riley Burden (15As)
2. Ben Blades (2nd XV)
3. Malachi Hawkes (1st XV)
4. Angus Mooney (1st XV)
5. Sebastian Buchanan (1st XV)
6. Pierce Foley (1st XV) or Kai Roberts (15As)
7. Euan Marshall (1st XV)
8. Micheal Eid (1st XV) or Tyson Jackson (1st XV)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Predicted Trinity 1st XV forward pack 2020:
1. Tyson Jackson (1st XV) or Riley Burden (15As)
2. Ben Blades (2nd XV)
3. Malachi Hawkes (1st XV)
4. Angus Mooney (1st XV)
5. Sebastian Buchanan (1st XV)
6. Pierce Foley (1st XV) or Kai Roberts (15As)
7. Euan Marshall (1st XV)
8. Micheal Eid (1st XV) or Tyson Jackson (1st XV)

VERY impressive forward pack RL, with those sorts of credentials it does look as though Trinity will be the dark horse.
I am sure my old mate Snort will agree!

Rugbylad

Frank Row (1)
VERY impressive forward pack RL, with those sorts of credentials it does look as though Trinity will be the dark horse.
I am sure my old mate Snort will agree!

Yes it does look like a great forward pack for this year. What do you think about young Riley Burden? He played in the 15As side last year who weren’t too strong but he showed his worth and talent on the field and I think he may get a spot in the 1s team this year if not on the bench.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Yes it does look like a great forward pack for this year. What do you think about young Riley Burden? He played in the 15As side last year who weren’t too strong but he showed his worth and talent on the field and I think he may get a spot in the 1s team this year if not on the bench.

Unfortunately Rl, I am not qualified to comment on the Trinity fabric but I hope all schools are competitive, which leads to a much more interesting comp. As Snort (ex Trinity) has pointed out schools won't have injuries due to the pre-season games, so all should be able to put their best foot forward with their strongest teams.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don’t know this Trinity group well, though a few of them are very handy. I do predict Hawkes to average a try a game.