• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"Get your tickets at Ticket Rocket"? WTF? Founder appears to have fled the country, Palmy North City Council have frozen one of their bank accounts, Hurricanes have laid a Police complaint re: non- payment of monies but, yeah, "Get Your Tickets At Ticket Rocket (Maybe They'll Turn Up)"

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Gatland's homecoming at 0-5, it's all gone fozzie-shaped.
hair update:
hannibal_sm.jpg

Richie Mounga.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Felt like DMac and Gus were the only ones trying for the Tribe. The AB's shiny new captain was invisible and Cruden played like a poor man's Matt To'omua which is saying something. Weber was better than last week but was off his feet in the final 15. The weather in NZ is the only thing keeping me marginally happy about still being in lockdown here in Victoria.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Cane invisible? I thought he was very good for a first game back. He tackled well, made metres running and forced a maul turnover right before halftime when the Crusaders looked like scoring.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Cane invisible? I thought he was very good for a first game back. He tackled well, made metres running and forced a maul turnover right before halftime when the Crusaders looked like scoring.
Didn’t see that turnover but you made me go have a quick scan of the stats. Only made 7 tackles and 10 runs for a total of 9 metres. Compare that to Harmon who made 14 tackles and 10m from 4 runs. Or Grace for 21(!) tackles and 6 runs for 13m.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Didn’t see that turnover but you made me go have a quick scan of the stats. Only made 7 tackles and 10 runs for a total of 9 metres. Compare that to Harmon who made 14 tackles and 10m from 4 runs. Or Grace for 21(!) tackles and 6 runs for 13m.

I go with Kiwi on this, I thought Cane had a good game, and made some good tackles and turnovers when needed, which most good players do. Thought Cruden went bloody well and apart from missing one high ball DMac was bloody good! Just proves we all look at different things we want from players is all!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The weather undoubtedly had an effect, but there was a lot of fairly poor rugby on show today I thought. Some very poor handling on both sides and ill directed passes missing outside support players.

Crusaders got there on the back of a 50/50 mid field bomb gone wrong for MacKenzie, and a piece of speculative play by Jordan. Otherwise, neither side looked likely to break the other's defensive line.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Standings (such as they allegedly are, look a bit dubious if you ask me):
Looks to me like one certain team has the same number of wins as the entire number of wins for the rest of the other teams combined
Standings (such as they allegedly are, look a bit dubious if you ask me):
You seem to have completely misspelt "dynastic" here.