• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
anyway.....I was out at the scared grounds (aka Hunters Hill) watching the senior lads going through some drills. Firstly, the O'Kane boy is enormous. I can see him playing 8 this year. There seems to be four back from 2019. A couple of new faces in the backs as well I saw. Any ideas? One boy in the centre looked very handy. The Joeys backs looked sharp but every one does in unopposed runs.

NOTE...Joeys have finally after 50 years give the old Brother Henry stand a face lift. Gone is the red brick and it is now rendered and painted. No...it is not pink (that would have been good in my opinion) Plus the big tree by the old BBQ stand has been chopped. Good. Bloody thing ruined the view from up there anyway. The surface looks plush and lush as always.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
What’s the name of the son of the 1st grade coach that has moved to Scots?

Gather he is year 10 but has some pedigree

Probably not a chance for 2020 team

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
What’s the name of the son of the 1st grade coach that has moved to Scots?

Gather he is year 10 but has some pedigree

Probably not a chance for 2020 team

I assume you are referring to Oliver Cummins, came from St Augustines. Is a 10. Was an Australian Schoolboy last year as a 15 year old in League

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
H/Badger , rugboy got it... I missed Warringah 1st grade coach

Ollie Cummins ... I heard he was talented...did realise he was already a Rep league player

Maybe he might be a chance this year... either that or help make 16As competitive

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
H/Badger , rugboy got it. I missed Warringah 1st grade coach

Ollie Cummins . I heard he was talented.did realise he was already a Rep league player

Maybe he might be a chance this year. either that or help make 16As competitive

Unless his son has a different Surname, I dont think its Warringah.

A quote from a recent press release from Warringah:

Rats new head coach Mike Ruthven said the grand final loss to Sydney Uni, in which they led for all bar nine minutes, still cuts deeply for many at Rat Park.

One eyed pirate

Ward Prentice (10)

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
The message in that article certainly applies to Sydney GPS rugby. Rugby has become a marketing tool for these schools. It’s great to watch but i wonder if the hype is positive for the majority of boys in the long run. It’s pathetic for many old boys including some on this forum and the schools themselves to be over celebrating wins when most of the team is recruited.
Alright old one eye. Good to know your thoughts but this is not about your bleeding heart. There is no doubt some boys don't feel or believe the hype looking back but for many, it is a part of their youth they can look back on fondly. Now please run along and stir the pot elsewhere.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
The message in that article certainly applies to Sydney GPS rugby. Rugby has become a marketing tool for these schools. It’s great to watch but i wonder if the hype is positive for the majority of boys in the long run. It’s pathetic for many old boys including some on this forum and the schools themselves to be over celebrating wins when most of the team is recruited.

Hello Moderators

It is clear that One Eye Pirate is talking about scholarships, in an implied manner, a subject that is no longer acceptable on this site. Therefore, this post should be deleted ASAP. His self righteous crap belongs elsewhere.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Statement today from the AAGPS. Note no spectators at the Athletics and no Rugby spectators until at least 22 August. :
"The AAGPS Chairman, Mr Mark Ticehurst, in consultation with the GPS Headmasters’ Standing Committee, wishes to provide the following update regarding the return to GPS sporting programmes in 2020:
Due to current Government restrictions, the Athletics Championships will be held over two days at the Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre. The Senior Premiership will take place on Saturday 1 August 2020, and the Junior and Intermediate Divisions will be held on Sunday 2 August 2020. The event will be live streamed and the final program of events will be revealed shortly. In the best interest of the health and wellbeing of students, staff and communities, and in line with current Government restrictions and health advice these events will be closed to spectators. Athletes, officials and coaches are the only permitted attendees of these events.
The winter sport program will commence on 8 August 2020 with all fixtures now published on the AAGPS website. There will be also no spectators permitted at these fixtures until at least 22 August 2020. This will be reviewed and a further announcement will be made following this date. The AAGPS is committed to a safe return to sport for all students, staff, volunteers and our many families and friends in our wider communities."
The statement continues and can be found on the AAGPS web site.