• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Points table looking a little more realistic than the clearly-doctored one posted a week ago..

View attachment 11578

Obviously, and as I said when predicting the mighty Canes to bounce back this week (ok I posted different to fool people;)) and once we shove the Clan aside next week, canes to come home with a wet sail and table will look real good!!!:p

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So much for Cruden being the difference, he's been outplayed by JG-B to the point of anonymity & then he's overcooked the last-roll-of-the-dice penalty touchfinder. Tribe need two scores in four minutes, they've seldom looked like scoring twice in the preceding 76.

Edit: Boshier over in the corner but surely it's too little too late, less than two minutes left.

I honestly believe that JG-B's biggest difference today was Jordie at back guiding things and taking pressure off him. I though Jordie was bloody good, as were a few of the boys! That bloody Coles can move for a hooker can't he, last hooker that was that quick was one who was going to get my change!!!:D

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sam Cane blindsiding the halfback with a cheap shoulder shot was not the behaviour becoming of an All Black captain.

No I know it was soft and very much giving your mate a bang as you go past, as was seen with TJ and him laughing as they came back for penalty, but not something he wants to be doing. It not park rugby.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
It's very weird watching a canes side with a replacement level (at best) 13. But a wins a win!

I cant imagine Gatland is particularly enjoying this.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
No surprises the reffing is a focus when Ben O'Keeffe is ref. The guy is simply not a great ref at this point in time. At least he only got the game between winless teams this time.

DMac wouldn't be in my All Black squad - yes he is 'brave' but he's also tiny, has a huge error count and plays a barbarians style game not suited to test match rugby. I still think Jordie is playing out of position and is a 12 playing 15 but he'd be ahead of DMac for me (Beaudy, Jordan and Havili as fullback options, in that order).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Remember this place?

IMG_1008.JPG

It looks like this now:

IMG_1007.JPG

Original demolition budget $12Mn actual cost $9Mn & less than 2% sent to landfill. The old boilers are now heating the hot pools at Franz Joseph, the old seating is scattered as far afield as Te Puke (small town near close to Tauranga in the Western Bay of Plenty). They managed to save some of the historic bits like the memorial gates, these will be incorporated into the new park.

IMG_1009.JPG

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/n...r-park-demolition-waste-a-scrap-dealers-dream

Edit: unlike Athletic Park & Carisbrook there's an Act of Parliament stipulating that Lancaster Park can only be used for sport & recreational purposes so it was never going to become a retirement home or medium- to high-density housing.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
As a penthouse resident, I've no real interest in whatever it is that passes for sport among the cellar-dwellers, but it seems the Chufs really are going all in on this whinging strategy? If Cane keeps this up, then we'll need to hire Richie as an expensive consultant to come in and give him a slap before every match and interview until he remembers not to be a lil bitch.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Has to be Gatland. Brought his NH diveball martyrdom sookery down under.

Cruden and Weber having a cry to the ref for the whole match about how everything is so, so, so unfair.

Cane postmatch tearful, emotional, distraught, wants his mummy.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Five minutes of the pre-MacDonald (praise be unto He) Blues treatment and they breakdown like C12H22O11 vs dihydrogen monoxide.

thumb.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
As a penthouse resident, I've no real interest in whatever it is that passes for sport among the cellar-dwellers
What do they even do down there? Tearfully stumbling through mud puddles looking for their lost sports ball or something I suspect. "My ball, my ball, has anyone seen my lost sports ball?" they query the silent blackened skies, heaving pregnant dark clouds laden with another heaping helping of misery soon destined to rain upon their already drowned hopes and prayers for a better tomorrow.