• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

A nationwide petition to have Kearns removed from commentating?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sure Clark's boring, but every time Kearns opens his mouth, he makes the broadcast worse. Sean Mahoney is a better colour commentator and if you want true colour get Jaybor, not the Prince of News Corp.

Maloney is a main caller, I'd prefer him over Clarkie but he's a bit too much. The NZ guys give a good balance, so too the UK or Irish ones.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I said this before but Clarkie should go before Kearns. No one is switching off because of Kearns, he's only a colour commentator. Clarkie is just boring and doesn't give any atmosphere to a game.
A general comment about atmosphere.
The NRL are giving TV fans a lot of atmosphere with the "crowd noise" function.
Whoever designed it and relates it to what is happening on the field has done a very good job.
I'm off to the Reds/Rebels game at Brookie on Friday night. I can just imaging the poor TV viewing experience with only 3500 people at the ground and no crowd noise.

B

Bobby Sands

Bloke has definitely cost himself any decent roles at RA. He lack professionalism is baffling, it's also as if he has early on-set dementia.

Commentating needs a big change up here, and he is the most putrid.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I can never understand how this guy has managed to keep his job. His humiliated himself, fox rugby and Australian rugby so many times and still remains.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Commentating needs a big change up here, and he is the most putrid.

One of our biggest issues is that essentially Fox Sports has laid off all the people who did that job as their full time gig. They've kept on the part timers with another job who essentially do it because they like doing it. Kearns, Horan, Martin etc.

Clark is in his early 60s and I've got no idea what his contract is like but I wouldn't be too surprised if it is a bit of a part time gig for him now to.

Hard to really see much of an overhaul happening (although I agree it is sorely needed).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The 'fiddle-de-dee potatoes' moment in the Ireland series was it for me (as hilarious as i found it).

Just fucking ridiculous - you can see why we are so detested by other sporting nations.