• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ah this lockdown for the social housing towers is pretty awful. I feel bad for everyone involved. 500 police per shift, police on every floor, every staircase entrance. You can't leave for five days straight. These are our most vulnerable who need a lot of support and are now being locked in for no fuck up of theirs. Hope it all goes well but there will be conflict.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
TT bubble update: Jacinda waiting for ScoMo to advise whether Australia wants to go state by state (in which case ATM Queensland OK, Victoria not but how does Aus prevent someone from Vic transiting Brisbane in order to get that skiing holiday?) or wait for all states to get community transmission back under control & put good screening processes in place. Your Tourism Minister has been quoted as saying September is feasible.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ah this lockdown for the social housing towers is pretty awful. I feel bad for everyone involved. 500 police per shift, police on every floor, every staircase entrance. You can't leave for five days straight. These are our most vulnerable who need a lot of support and are now being locked in for no fuck up of theirs. Hope it all goes well but there will be conflict.

It's horrendous. Some of the towers they have locked down have zero cases of COVID-19.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
And now Andrews has put nine housing commission towers containing 3000 people under a lockdown level unknown outside of communist China. (Tim Blair)
Surely Australians must object to this draconian lockdown. A far better alternative would be to isolate those who have the virus.
Edit: I should have said "send to hospital" not "isolate", which sounds just as oppressive as Andrews' policy.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And now Andrews has put nine housing commission towers containing 3000 people under a lockdown level unknown outside of communist China. (Tim Blair)
Surely Australians must object to this draconian lockdown. A far better alternative would be to isolate those who have the virus.
Edit: I should have said "send to hospital" not "isolate", which sounds just as oppressive as Andrews' policy.

Wait a second..........

People who test positive for COVID-19 shouldn’t isolate, and they should all be sent to hospital?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
lol@ that twit with the vanity plate

philk6_zps99cp26ua.jpg

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wait a second....

People who test positive for COVID-19 shouldn’t isolate, and they should all be sent to hospital?
I really have sent some confusing messages! I'll try again.
A moment's thought has me saying "No armed forces standing guard over locked down homes" and "Treat bad cases of COVID19 at hospital."
Self-isolation to be the option for people who test positive.
In summary, I am very worried about our easy acceptance of force to put people into home detention. Especially when many of those people don't have the virus.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Oh well. Here we go again. My gym motivation was starting to drop anyway and I hadn't booked our road trip for next month yet. At least we had dinner booked for tonight. I think I'll be doing my best to maximise their profits.

Anyone who books a security firm to do anything responsible is a moron. Spending five minutes with the owners of one would tell you that. Good one Dan!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New research suggests the virus has mutated & may now be three- to six times as infectious now as six months ago without necessarily being more lethal. Makes sense given positive test results % in the US has pretty much doubled (& in some States tripled or even quadrupled) in recent weeks but fatalities have either plateaued somewhat or only slightly increased in percentage terms. I note that Fauci says he thinks ".....the data is showing that there is a single mutation that actually makes the virus be able to replicate better........"

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12347304

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
137,400 dead in America, hurtling towards 140k and not a word of sense on the subject from the orange idiot, other than a request from the tooth fairy for it to "just disappear". Tragic.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
New research suggests the virus has mutated & may now be three- to six times as infectious now as six months ago without necessarily being more lethal. Makes sense given positive test results % in the US has pretty much doubled (& in some States tripled or even quadrupled) in recent weeks but fatalities have either plateaued somewhat or only slightly increased in percentage terms. I note that Fauci says he thinks "...the data is showing that there is a single mutation that actually makes the virus be able to replicate better...."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12347304

The goal of any virus is to propagate, that is to be highly infectious, but not kill the host

If it is really effective at killing the host, then it dies out too

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
137,400 dead in America, hurtling towards 140k and not a word of sense on the subject from the orange idiot, other than a request from the tooth fairy for it to "just disappear". Tragic.

And what could he have done? All he could do was close the borders (and when he did he was declared to be "racist") and provide resources. No state went without. But he has no power to enforce a specific approach on any state except by refusing to provide resources without compliance and how do you think that would have gone?

Operational control is done by the governors, they are the one who sent infected elderly back to care homes - and that is 50% of the deaths came from.

Morrison has the same issues in Aus, he ain't a dictator and the Premiers have operational control

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^^^^that totally ignores his behaviour throughout the year.
its a hoax.
it will go away.
weve found a treatment.
open up!!!!
he has consistently and loudly recommended behaviours in direct opposition to his experts.
dont wear masks.
lets have a rally for 60k, without ANY safety measures.
etc
etc.
etc