• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The 10 debate is a great one to have, and at this stage there is no right answer. You could tell me any of the four Super 10s will start the first Bledisloe and I wouldn't be shocked.

The boring answer is it's really too early to tell who is best for our Wallaby set-up. The conservative option is a JOC (James O'Connor)-To'omua 10/12 combination, but I've got no idea how safe Dave Rennie wants to play it. Is this the year to throw caution to the wind?

Lolesio is ahead of Harrison by a nose at the moment IMO. I like Harrison's game management a touch more than Lolesio's, but Lolesio seems just a bit more rounded in attack and defence so far.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Good news for the young 10s in Aus is that Rennie did a really nice job developing a young Aaron Cruden when he was an U20s star coming through. Initially Cruden got promoted a bit too fast and struggled (for both ABs and Hurricanes) but Rennie did a magnficent job of developing him firstly through NPC (as coach of Manawatu 2010-11) and then Super Rugby (as coach of the Chiefs from 2012).

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The 10 debate is a great one to have, and at this stage there is no right answer. You could tell me any of the four Super 10s will start the first Bledisloe and I wouldn't be shocked.

The boring answer is it's really too early to tell who is best for our Wallaby set-up. The conservative option is a JOC (James O'Connor)-To'omua 10/12 combination, but I've got no idea how safe Dave Rennie wants to play it. Is this the year to throw caution to the wind?

Lolesio is ahead of Harrison by a nose at the moment IMO. I like Harrison's game management a touch more than Lolesio's, but Lolesio seems just a bit more rounded in attack and defence so far.

Lolesio to start, To'omua @ 12 & Harrison in the squad as cover

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Unpopular opinion, Simmons will be in the squad

Given 90% of our locks are unavailable i don't think that's an unpopular opinion. If we are allowed to select three overseas based players I'd be picking up at least 2 locks. And probably Latu.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I saw that. Interestingly I would have thought Lolesio was a more similar player to Foley in style than Harrison.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Harrison is Randwick as well isn't he? Makes him even worse than Foley (if such a thing is possible)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
One player has led his team's attack to 5 or 6 wins out of 6 or 7 this year. The other has one win from the same number of games. Discussion is pointless at this stage.

I also fully expect Rory Arnold will be back for the tests. No need to get knickers in a knot over a return of Rob Simmons to the team.

B

Bobby Sands

Will be good to see minimal Tahs. Finally we might start winning.

Think the Tahs will be digestable in a few years when the new crop comes through.