• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 2 - Waratahs v Force

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Kaitu'u went to school at Nudgee in QLD and played for QLD Country back in 2016.
Ralston is the one to watch. Outside back. Went to school at Gregory Terrace in QLD. Only young. Killed it at NRC last year.

Stowers a Samoan backrower who played Mitre 10 in NZL. Has been with the Force for a couple of years now.
Ferris was born in NZL but has done most of his schooling (and rugby) in WA. Played for that Aussie Barbarians team v the Wallabies in that 'trial match' last year.

Ralston is quality. Terrific pace and finishing ability.

Ferris likewise is a very promising young player. Will give a good account in the battle of the backrows.

Stowers could be a standout. Hits as hard as anyone in defense and also good with ball in hand.

Great to see the Force back, and they will be competitive against the others teams I believe. But I think the Tahs will take the bickies in this game based on their more recent experience playing at Super level.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
2020-07-09_20-55-39.jpg

Liking the team for the match against the Tahs.
6 lads developed through Perth Club rugby (140 Super Rugby caps)
807 Super Rugby caps.
125 caps in UK, Ireland or France.
6 Internationals (2 Aus; 2 Samoa; 1 NZ; 1 USA) - 67 Test caps.
Av age: 27yo. (Youngest - 19; Oldest 37)
9 players making their Super Rugby debut.

GO YOU FORCE!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tahs have the lighter forward pack (at least on wiki) but Simmons and Hanigan may cause some disruption at lineout if the Reds game is anything to go by. Force have the extra mass, but in more compact packages lacking height. However Wiki is often wrong and I doubt Harris is still 107kg for example.

Both backlines are quite small. Force biggest is Jooste at (190cm, 94kg) and Tahs is Nawaqa (190, 96kg) neither exactly known for 'go forward'.

Looking forward to a battle of Skill and Will!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Force are paying $4 and the line is 11.5 points. Seems like massive overs to me.

It's obviously really hard to compare because the teams haven't been playing comparable games for a while but the Tahs certainly haven't been good this year.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Justin Langer has given the boys a gee up for the game and if anyone can get a team up its JL. Not that the Force have ever lacked guts and determination. Great things happening in WA rugby and the Sea of Blue is the most loyal fan base in Australian rugby. Hope we get up like we did when Hodgo nailed the conversion in our last Super Rugby game. Go the Force!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The Force are paying $4 and the line is 11.5 points. Seems like massive overs to me.
r.

I have a feeling it's about right, and the Tahs will win comfortably.

My logic (apart from being one-eyed) is that for all their inexperience the Tahs are fielding a settled line-up with match practice. The Force are fielding a new 9-10, will surely be rusty (when was their last game?) and there are a number of new combinations across the park.

I want to see them do well but I have a feeling they will compete for 60 minutes before the Tahs score a few late tries and run away with the game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If either team plays like the Reds or Rebels last night, it's going to be a long night.

The rain is meant to clear as the day goes on. Likely to be a wet surface but hopefully if it isn't actually raining during the game the conditions will be better than the excuses less than last night.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Ralston is quality. Terrific pace and finishing ability.

Ferris likewise is a very promising young player. Will give a good account in the battle of the backrows.

Stowers could be a standout. Hits as hard as anyone in defense and also good with ball in hand.

Great to see the Force back, and they will be competitive against the others teams I believe. But I think the Tahs will take the bickies in this game based on their more recent experience playing at Super level.

Like Reg, I'm really interested in seeing how Byron Ralston and Feleti Kaitu’u go. Ralston looked good in the NRC and I'd heard he was a bit of a standout in the QLD Premier grade competition so one to keep an eye on. I reckon that Wallabies hooker spot is well up for grabs so it will be interesting to see how Kaitu’u has developed over in WA. I liked his general play in the NRC, so it will be how much he's tightened up on the technical aspects. With such a cohesive squad you'd have to imagine that their set piece should be pretty tight.

Fergus Lee-Warner is another I'm interested to see where he's at. Played some good footy in the NRC for both The Force and Rams and was a reasonable prospect back in his Easts days.

...and then obviously the returning talent in Lance, Goodwin and Holmes. The more people we have vying for Gold the better I say.