• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Round 2 - Reds vs Rebels

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
If we're calling Offside, the Rebels have been leaving the line early on a number of occasions.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Why are the commentators talking up this Rebels prop? He has been minced by the Reds scrum all night. Lucky the ref is on the Rebels side in the scrum.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Why are the commentators talking up this Rebels prop? He has been minced by the Reds scrum all night. Lucky the ref is on the Rebels side in the scrum.

Difficult to judge on the scrum considering it's something that relies very heavily on the unit as a whole as opposed to an individual player. But. There has been an obvious pick up in the Rebs scrum with Ainsley on.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
To'omua knocks back three points under the sticks then has a crack at a 40m droppie. And he’s one of senior wallabies. I switched it off at that point
Agree but I think it’s another line dropout if your drop goal attempt goes dead. Might be a bit of a loophole, just keep trying to slot the 3.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Didn't take long for Murphy to warn Louwrens for feeding the scrum too slowly. I thought that was an issue last week too.

Agree, but McDermott really needs to be spoken to and perhaps penalised a few time for crooked feeds. He invariably aims the ball at his second row.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If we're calling Offside, the Rebels have been leaving the line early on a number of occasions.

That's true, but mostly they've tried to correct it by going back to the line but they could easily be penalised by a more pedantic ref. Actually, I reckon this is the best performance I've seen from this ref ever. A very good outing so far.