• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Can they at least use the bloody club names - I've got no idea who half the teams are.

Tempted to head over to Coogee - who are the bloody wild fires??

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wicks = Randwick
Wild Fires = Newcastle
Wests = West Harbour
Norths = Northern Suburbs
Souths = Southern Districts
Woods = Eastwood
Stags = Gordon
Easts = Eastern Suburbs
Rats = Warringah
Uni = Sydney University
Marlins = Manly
Two Blues = Western Sydney (formerly Parramatta)

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah, saw they released them into the Super Rugby Teams, wasn't aware it extended to Club Level as well. Guess they just need to be playing one way or another. Will be good to have some of that talent sprinkled back in as we're unlikely to see any Super Rugby talent this season, which in a way I don't mind. Never loved seeing the Nick Phipps of the world suddenly parachute in for a final.

Agreed, but he was sensational when he came on and basically won the game for Uni in the last 15 min.

On his day he was brilliant, and IMO a loss to Aus rugby he is now OS

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tips anyone?

Gordon vs Eastern Suburbs
Manly vs Western Sydney (Parramatta)
Randwick vs Newcastle
Southern Districts vs Eastwood
Warringah vs Sydney University
West Harbour vs Northern Suburb

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just fucking outrageous! who would call their child something as pompous as Nick?

And they wonder why many think rugby is elitist, what say Rory, Darcy, Hugh, Nick, Rohan & Banjo ........

rat-v-uni-jpg.11620

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Easts
Manly
Wicks
Southern
Uni
Norths

I was leaning the same way, though I think I'd have to go Warringah with the home edge.

I'm curious about the Stags (Gordon), a few outs but some of their youth has been looking promising, really hoping they'll make the cut this year after coming so close last, just have a feeling Easts might edge them. I'm also excited to see how the Souths/Woodies game goes.

My Tips;

Easts
Manly
Randwick
Southern Districts
Warringah
Norths

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Can they at least use the bloody club names - I've got no idea who half the teams are.

Tempted to head over to Coogee - who are the bloody wild fires??

A bit of nostalgia for Mrs Wamberal and me. We watched the Newcastle Wildfires beat the Woodies in their final appearance in the Shute Shield, back in 1999. The Woodies went on to win our first ever First Grade Premiership!!!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Thanks. Tane Edmend one to watch for your Woodies this year.

David Wilson's son at fullback. No idea how good he is, but I would be pretty sure he knows how to tackle. Fabian Goodall is a goer. Big and fast, scored a few intercept tries in his first grade career.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
David Wilson's son at fullback. No idea how good he is, but I would be pretty sure he knows how to tackle. Fabian Goodall is a goer. Big and fast, scored a few intercept tries in his first grade career.
I’ve seen Harry Wilson a few times playing juniors on the Northern Beaches, his kicking game was always well above his age.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm assuming all the grounds are "sell outs" due to the crowd number restrictions and the requirement to pre-sell tickets ie no walk ups.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Tips anyone?

Gordon vs Eastern Suburbs
Manly vs Western Sydney (Parramatta)
Randwick vs Newcastle
Southern Districts vs Eastwood
Warringah vs Sydney University
West Harbour vs Northern Suburb

With little form and no particular confidence:

Easts
Manly