• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Where's the easiest place to get results?.. NSW Rugby/SS site doesn't seem to update for me.

so far my tips are looking like this...

Easts
Manly
Randwick
Southern Districts
Warringah
Norths

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
I heard on the broadcast today that this is Josh Holmes 16th year in SS. Congrats and all that but maybe it's time for the Rats to tap him on the shoulder? He has a great dummy and run that has resulted in a thousand tries in SS but that's about it. His clearance from the ruck and his pass is just pathetic. There's 9s in Kentwell Cup with a better pass. His defence is non existant and his organisation skills seem poor to me. The coach needs to grow a pair and tell the club legend it's time to move on.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
they actually won more line out ball than I expected.
With ward in the 2row, they were always going to struggle in the line outs.
have to say, around 1/2 time when rats were winning the contact,thought I’d been too clever by half, taking the 1.90 On Uni.

I thought my tip would come good, but the Rats really blew that period when they were a man up with de Crespigny off. Was the turning point to my mind.

Tips (correct me if I’m wrong):

qwerty 4/6
HB 4/6
Molman 4/6
QH 5/6
UTG 5/6

Easts vs Gordon and Uni vs Rats seemed to be the tough ones.

Wasn't entirely unhappy to call the Easts v Gordon one wrong, knew it'd be close just thought Easts might edge them.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I heard on the broadcast today that this is Josh Holmes 16th year in SS. Congrats and all that but maybe it's time for the Rats to tap him on the shoulder? He has a great dummy and run that has resulted in a thousand tries in SS but that's about it. His clearance from the ruck and his pass is just pathetic. There's 9s in Kentwell Cup with a better pass. His defence is non existant and his organisation skills seem poor to me. The coach needs to grow a pair and tell the club legend it's time to move on.
Coach Ruthven is a smart operator. My guess is that he has weighed up Holmes' negatives and found the positives outweigh them. Try scoring, leadership, motivational value, abrasive play - all suit the Warringah mojo.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Holmes has definitely got his best years behind him.
but I’m not convinced,
a) there’s a better option at the Rats
b) he’ll get outplayed often, if at all.

one things for certain, the days of scooting across field looking for a hole to dive thru to score, are over.
Father Time catches everyone.