• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Does anybody have some predictions for this weekends match ups, would be keen to hear all of your opinions.

Welcome Johnathan, looking forward to another cracking weekend of schoolboy rugby. My predictions for this weekend are as followed;
Knox win 25+ over Aloys
Barker defeat Waves by no more than 10 points
Trinity defeat Cranners by no more than a try

Still tossing up whether to head down to QP or Summers hill will be two cracking games, still waiting for a response from a friend of mine to see if he accepts my offer taking his dog for a walk at 3.15 HA HA.

All the best, Mr S :)

frontrowisgreat

Bob McCowan (2)
Still new here but I think the different team dynamics between Waverley and Barker will play out very interestingly.

Barker's fast game vs Waverley's middle of the paddock running. Any comments?

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Still new here but I think the different team dynamics between Waverley and Barker will play out very interestingly.

Barker's fast game vs Waverley's middle of the paddock running. Any comments?

Barker certainly played at pace last weekend, and that was certainly a factor in the score line. This week will be very different however with both teams able to play up tempo. If Waverley can match Barker’s fitness then it is anyone’s game. If Waverley tire then I think Barker will be able to get over the top of them. No doubt Waves have a very skilful team too, so I think we are in for a spectacle (or a mud bath if the weather is right).

King_Gutho

Frank Row (1)
King Gutho here, long time reader, first time writer.

I was pleasantly surprised by the young Cranbrook sides gritty performance against a sizeable Waverly team last Saturday.
Hence, I thought I would provide my two cents on their clash against Trinity, which from all reports will be a cracker and i'm predicting the white wall to bounce back this week. My predictions for this clash between these two CAS heavyweights are as follows:

- Oliver Torrance anytime tryscorer
- Cranbrook -6.5 / Over 38.5
- Liam Sartena (mom)

Cheers,

Gutho ;)

Iloverucks1

Stan Wickham (3)
Very excited to see Barker's scrum against Waverley's impressively heavy pack. Where Barker has an extremely impressive front row, whereas the weight of Waverley's entire pack might have 5 or 6 kilos on them. Watching clips from last weeks matchup, the open side flanker for Waverley, not sure of his name, had an impressive outing proving his skill over the ball. I have Waverley winning by 10+ in an upset at Queens Park, I don't trust the skill of Barker as they matched up against a poor St Aloysius defence that provided little to no fight.

frontrowisgreat

Bob McCowan (2)
Very excited to see Barker's scrum against Waverley's impressively heavy pack. Where Barker has an extremely impressive front row, whereas the weight of Waverley's entire pack might have 5 or 6 kilos on them. Watching clips from last weeks matchup, the open side flanker for Waverley, not sure of his name, had an impressive outing proving his skill over the ball. I have Waverley winning by 10+ in an upset at Queens Park, I don't trust the skill of Barker as they matched up against a poor St Aloysius defence that provided little to no fight.

I agree on the scrums, should be a good match up. Although, as stated previously, Barker's scrum was very dominant over Newington's who had about 8kg per player on Barker. As for Will Baker (W7), it should be interesting to see him perform against Wheals from Barker, or even Albertyn (B2) and the two wingers; Tucker and Galloway, who are both ex back rowers. All of these players had at least one turnover last outing. I think that the Barker's forward pack's ability to play different roles will play a crucial role at QP. Full credit to Will, though. He is a very capable player with high level experience.

Disagree on your tips though ;)

Good luck to all this weekend.

Des Hasler

Frank Row (1)
Hello rugbylovers,

I've been an avid reader of the forums and have loved the banter throughout the multiple CAS forums from previous years. As an old boy of the lads from Summer Hill, I am absolutely thrilled to see the boys in green start their CAS season with a win over Knox. I'm absolutely loving the tips from King_Gutho, even if they are absolute rubbish.

I'll give my 2 cents,

- Trinity to outlast Cranners covering them with a line of -5.5, tipping this to be a classy finish with a try within the last 5 minutes
- Malachi Hawkes to bag a double, as he scored twice playing Cranners last year in the last game at Horden.

Kind Regards,

Dessy

King_Gutho

Frank Row (1)
Hello rugbylovers,

I've been an avid reader of the forums and have loved the banter throughout the multiple CAS forums from previous years. As an old boy of the lads from Summer Hill, I am absolutely thrilled to see the boys in green start their CAS season with a win over Knox. I'm absolutely loving the tips from King_Gutho, even if they are absolute rubbish.

I'll give my 2 cents,

- Trinity to outlast Cranners covering them with a line of -5.5, tipping this to be a classy finish with a try within the last 5 minutes
- Malachi Hawkes to bag a double, as he scored twice playing Cranners last year in the last game at Horden.

Kind Regards,

Dessy

HAHA Dessy, just spitting the dummy because I left brooky for parradise :cool:.

King Gutho Out.

King_Gutho

Frank Row (1)
Welcome Johnathan, looking forward to another cracking weekend of schoolboy rugby. My predictions for this weekend are as followed;
Knox win 25+ over Aloys
Barker defeat Waves by no more than 10 points
Trinity defeat Cranners by no more than a try

Still tossing up whether to head down to QP or Summers hill will be two cracking games, still waiting for a response from a friend of mine to see if he accepts my offer taking his dog for a walk at 3.15 HA HA.

All the best, Mr S :)

Mr S,

Come down to summer hill mate, I'll be the bloke in the 2008 Parra lifetime membership cap, next to the scoreboard.

Hope to see you there pal,

Gutho :D

Referees_rule

Bob McCowan (2)
Uh Oh, I think the schoolboys have found themselves back on the forums trying to have abit of a giggle !

Happens every year Mr S. The "Hilarious" jokes, poor analysis and outlandish names are sure to provide some serotonin to the young mind. I'd say leave the real talking to us old heads. Hope to see you at Summer Hill on Saturday, although i can't blame you if you end up at QP. Was considering it myself, but Trinity v Cranners is shaping up to be a good hitout. Tipping Knox to bounce back this week for a win over Aloys. Barker V Waverley I believe will be very tight. You can never write off the double V at death valley. I see this one going down to the wire with Waverley only just hanging in til the end, and steal the win at the death, should be a cracker. If I was a betting man, and I am... Id be saving my money on this one. Good luck to all teams, and respect the man in the middle.

RR

DionYazdani'sUncle

Frank Row (1)
Des Hasler & King Gutho, was it you boys who sent me a privat message about setting up the 'schoolboy betting syndicate'. I can get my uncles to help yous out and put up the first money uno but after thta its up to u. we'll be takin a percentage cut of all earnings tho. Inshallah hope no-one finds out. be very careful with who u message cause we dont want that one-eyef thingo coming for us that that weirdo Rod Skellet was talkin about

The_Anaconda

Frank Row (1)
Des Hasler & King Gutho, was it you boys who sent me a privat message about setting up the 'schoolboy betting syndicate'. I can get my uncles to help yous out and put up the first money uno but after thta its up to u. we'll be takin a percentage cut of all earnings tho. Inshallah hope no-one finds out. be very careful with who u message cause we dont want that one-eyef thingo coming for us that that weirdo Rod Skellet was talkin about

I believe SDW has some contacts in the industry where we could eventually get a base level mobile app up and running for the schoolboys comp. Could have anytime try scorer, over/under, handicap etc. Pls send me a PM so we can talk further as I am very interested in getting something like this up and running! Sportsbet messed me round a couple times (my punt on big brother out right winner didn't go through) and I'm looking to move on.

The Anaconda

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
I sincerely hope that all this talk about 'schoolboy betting' is merely the usual schoolboy nonsense that tends to erode this forum. If not I must hazard a warning to any Green&Gold members that these actions are both highly immoral and most likely illegal. Whilst the punting culture that is seemingly inherent to the Australian way of life is inevitable, I would advise that it should never detract from the raw emotion and love that you experience when watching or playing in a sporting fixture. Trust me, I've spent too many years of my life losing money and losing interest for the sports that I love. At the end of the day, sport is at its best when it is not undermined by other forces and is simply watched and played because people enjoy it.

RL

Des Hasler

Frank Row (1)
I sincerely hope that all this talk about 'schoolboy betting' is merely the usual schoolboy nonsense that tends to erode this forum. If not I must hazard a warning to any Green&Gold members that these actions are both highly immoral and most likely illegal. Whilst the punting culture that is seemingly inherent to the Australian way of life is inevitable, I would advise that it should never detract from the raw emotion and love that you experience when watching or playing in a sporting fixture. Trust me, I've spent to many of my life losing money and losing interest for the sports that I love. At the end of the day, sport is at its best when it is not undermined by other forces and is simply watched and played because people enjoy it.

RL

Please tell me this betting non sense is not serious talk! It's a real shame schoolboys infiltrate these forums as a use of entertainment rather than discussion.

Appreciate your work RL,

Des:mad: