• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2020

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Might as well get the ball rolling, games start for most this weekend.....

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Might as well get the ball rolling, games start for most this weekend...

Well, almost. I understand that Stannies decided not to make the trip to Sydney so the St Augs v Stannies games at Narrabeen aren't going ahead. I heard though that St Augs have arranged for their 1sts, 2nds and A and B teams to play against Joeys and the rest of their teams are playing against a variety of other schools.

Great effort by the St Augs sports staff to pull all that together in a couple of days.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
And they pulled the pin on St Greg's going up there last week. Stannies 1st XV playing a trial against a Dubbo colts side in Dubbo tonight. Not sure what the rest of the teams are up too...
Rest of this weekends trials are;
St Greg's vs St Piux
St Pat's vs Oakhill

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I believe that all schools in the Central West have been told not to head over the hill until further notice. Kinross, Stannies, Scots All Saints. Can anyone confirm?

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Kinross decided back in April they would not take part in this years ISA competition because of covid and the issues and costs with social distancing on buses.
Stannies have been training and preparing to play as normal unfortunately with the latest covid outbreak firstly in Campbelltown and now other parts of Sydney and under advisement from NSW health meant there was no way Gregs could travel to Bathurst and Stannies to Sydney.
Stannies now playing in the local CW under 18 Colts competition not for points just to get a few games.
I believe most of Kinross side is playing with Orange Emus in the same competition.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kinross decided back in April they would not take part in this years ISA competition because of covid and the issues and costs with social distancing on buses.
Stannies have been training and preparing to play as normal unfortunately with the latest covid outbreak firstly in Campbelltown and now other parts of Sydney and under advisement from NSW health meant there was no way Gregs could travel to Bathurst and Stannies to Sydney.
Stannies now playing in the local CW under 18 Colts competition not for points just to get a few games.
I believe most of Kinross side is playing with Orange Emus in the same competition.

Does that mean no Stannies at all this year, or not just during the trials?

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Unfortunately Stannies will not be playing in the ISA competition this year, this second outbreak of covid could not have come at a worse time for Stannies rugby.

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
For all of the ISA school rugby followers, Clutch TV have posted up the St.Pius vs Oakhill 1st XV College game from yesterday on youtube:

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
I watched the Greg's game online vs Pius the week before & thought it was ordinary. Last week wasn't any better. Lucky to have 15 players on the field at fulltime with some poor choices by a few players. I think we can give Auggies the trophy now & everyone else is playing for 2nd spot...

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
I watched the Greg's game online vs Pius the week before & thought it was ordinary. Last week wasn't any better. Lucky to have 15 players on the field at fulltime with some poor choices by a few players. I think we can give Auggies the trophy now & everyone else is playing for 2nd spot.

Cuz - where/ how did you see that game online? Clutch TV? thanks in advance...

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
St Pius game was on clutch TV. For Saturday just gone, I was there. Not sure if Greg's are streaming games online though... They were allowing 1 parent per player & they had to stay on the far side of the field to the students.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Jeez that Pius Oakhill game is a pretty ugly standard of footy. Is that what 1st XV rugby is like now.. no wonder Australian rugby is in the toilet.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any results from the weekend? I know Oakhill beat Greg's 20-7, & I think Greg's were pumped in just about every other game.