• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2020

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
The old 'DA does a story on 3 leaguies coming to a rugby club and some one has to make an insinuation that they may have made that decision for monetary incentive' trick ! Gets them every time ! C'mon gents you are far better than this.

Meanwhile, in article posted the same day in the DA , two former north shore players turn out for Tahs. Cue the frogs croaking and the crickets doing whatever it is crickets do.

I can assure you there has been no inducements.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I don't know about kick-off times but the rankings look like this:
1 - 1st Grade; 2 - Women's; 3 - 2nd Grade; 4 - 3rd Grade.

I assume that the kick-off times will just mirror whatever games are being played that day. I'd imagine it would be pretty similar to the standard game times, working back from a 3:15pm kick off for 1st grade with some buffer there for COVID distancing.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
I don't think we've seen the last of major decisions being made by clubs ( of all codes) . I think we may be in for a wild ride this coming week !

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
And here we are. Despite everything thats happened ( and may well happen yet) SIRU will be on this weekend.

So, tipping isnt going to be overly complex . City in a tight game I think . Tumut to pull off a shock win in the hills.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Let's hope Rugby is the real winner!!! Hopefully the punters get to drink cold beers on the hill and watch their teams run round, let's cross our fingers for no major injuries across the board and a smooth run home for all clubs!!!

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
No problem with punters drinking cold beers tomorrow Sam. Unfortunately it won’t be on the hill watching their teams run round. It could be an unenviable job on the gate for home club volunteers deciding who is essential to the visiting teams & who isn’t. What happens at an open ground like Beres Ellwood, where there is no way of turning people away.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Wagga Juniors and Albury have both announced they are pulling the pin on games this year. Sad to hear but ultimately probably the right decision. Lets see what happens next !

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Under the new Government restrictions are parents allowed into the grounds to accompany kids playing junior sport? Just thinking about Siru juniors starting up soon.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Bit of a shit scenario all round, bu totally understandable.

I don't know about the local footy PB, but Netball was one parent only for 12's and below. I'd imagine it will be something similar.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
That sounds OK Sam. One parent is fine. Just had visions of kids being expected to be dropped off at a certain time and picked up at a certain time. The other parent might have to buy a pair of binoculars & watch from the car park.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Actually Albury havent pulled out. They've forfeited this week. Which is deeply frustrating to say the least.

City to sneak home against the premiers. Reddies will be bolstered by L Krautz this week but one man cant solve reddies tight 5 issues. Tumut by 15.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
I would not be saying City (or anyone for that matter) has a hand on the trophy yet. Its only 2nd round and we have yet to run into Tumut or a full strength Tahs.
I would say it was a great start though. And yes we probably did have a couple of key players out. Regardless, it was a pretty good afternoon !

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
I have no idea what albury are doing. I'm sure it will be dramatic !

City 2's are in Leeton this week so I'll be able to get a good look at the phantoms. Should be interesting !

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Obviously I was present at the incident on saturday, as coach of the City 2's. The game would be best described as 'old fashioned' with no quarter being given or asked for. With extremely physical encounters like that, things can become heated.

The brawl that ensued and the actions of the individual that ran on to the field was not a great look. I was surprised that there was no red cards for either side at that point. I will give due credit to Leeton's ground marshal and President for taking swift action and having the individual removed from the ground immediately. The Leeton Club president apologised immediately and was also at pains to make that clear in the after match speeches. As for the game ? Every single player ( apart from the one with concussion from a high tackle that should have been a red) loved it.

Leeton have excellent facilities - makes Connolly look very antiquated indeed.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Big difference in reports re City v Leeton 2nd Grade match. Was situation discussed at Siru board meeting on Monday?

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Tips ?
City V Reddies - City in a bit of a arm wrestle I reckon 35-20
Tumut v Tahs - Tahs a bit to much for the Bulls 27 - 17

2's
City V Reddies - City by 13
Tumut v Tahs - Tahs by 13
Deni v Leeton - Leeton by 20+

Womens
City v Reddies - city by 5
WAC v Tahs - Tahs by 10
Hay v Leeton - Hay by 10

Good old fashioned Rugby weather in store !