• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Hopefully it's more a chase of players pay cut negotiations in taking the top ups abroad went a lot further than a handful of Wallabies.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
Although, I was a little deflated by our game plan on Friday night, too much kicking and not giving our dynamite wingers a go, I am really enthused for the next few seasons with Esei, Trevor and Rob Leota - they all looked very comfortable coming off the pine.

The future looks bright in the pack.

Isn't Hunter Paisami looking good as well - I wonder if we can lure him back? I'd love to see a direct running centre in our back line, anyone know how long his contract is with the Bananalanders?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Some very unsubstantiated rumours on the Reds thread that the Rebels have signed 19 year old flyhalf Carter Gordon. If true, apparently it's a huge poach as the bloke was the heir apparent to the #10 role for the Reds.

What does that mean for Deegan & To'omua??

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Some very unsubstantiated rumours on the Reds thread that the Rebels have signed 19 year old flyhalf Carter Gordon. If true, apparently it's a huge poach as the bloke was the heir apparent to the #10 role for the Reds.

What does that mean for Deegan & To'omua??

Well hopefully we don't screw it up like we have with some other young prospects we have signed in the past.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Will be interesting in the coming weeks if the Rebels look to bring another no.9 into the squad from the Shute Shield on a short term contract. Down to only two in the squad, whoever the option would be would have to isolate post fixtures this Saturday. Only other option would be a short term loan for another side because they have already been abiding by the same quarantine rules

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Will be interesting in the coming weeks if the Rebels look to bring another no.9 into the squad from the Shute Shield on a short term contract. Down to only two in the squad, whoever the option would be would have to isolate post fixtures this Saturday. Only other option would be a short term loan for another side because they have already been abiding by the same quarantine rules

Reece Hodge, that way he can put on his CV he has played every position in the backline.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

What's the go with Strang at the moment?

Tough to bring someone in from outside any of the squads at this stage, 2 weeks isolation before they could even train with a team they've never played with before. Best bet there might actually be Genia, I think he's in Brisbane at the moment and he'd be ready to play much quicker after the isolation.

As far as a short term loan goes, the Brumbies are carrying an extra with White there now and the tahs might have one to spare as well. Probably more chance of getting the tah, a loss this weekend just about ends their shot at the finals.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
This discussion probably should be in Rebels 2020 thread, but anyway.

The benefit of bringing Strang in is he played with the Rebels earlier in 2020 and has played with the Rising.

As Wilson points out Will Genia may be available, as another former Rebel that is a good option too.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Tony and Meehan is one of the many frustrations I have with that period of time

Mine to,

Won 7 games that season, 5 Meehan started, 1 Meehan came on after 20 minutes and the other Stirzaker started. Meehan was the form Scrum half and left out to dry by Tony. Stirzaker was always the wrong call as captain, should have never been a guaranteed starter.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Mine to,

Won 7 games that season, 5 Meehan started, 1 Meehan came on after 20 minutes and the other Stirzaker started. Meehan was the form Scrum half and left out to dry by Tony. Stirzaker was always the wrong call as captain, should have never been a guaranteed starter.

I agree with Stirzaker not being guaranteed a start, particularly when coming back from injury. McMahon or Fainga'a should have been named as captain.