• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2020

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Just vomited in my own mouth at the realisation div 3 will likely be a Newport Iggies GF.

Real Sophie's Choice stuff there...

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Just vomited in my own mouth at the realisation div 3 will likely be a Newport Iggies GF.

Real Sophie's Choice stuff there.

First things first the club championships will be decided on Saturday week. Top of the table clash in all 4 grades in what promises to be a huge day. Such a shame this is an away game as they’d get 2000 at Porters for this one. That said Iggies better prepare the BBQ and Bar as I’d expect supporters will make the trip up Mona Vale Road in big numbers.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
First things first the club championships will be decided on Saturday week. Top of the table clash in all 4 grades in what promises to be a huge day. Such a shame this is an away game as they’d get 2000 at Porters for this one. That said Iggies better prepare the BBQ and Bar as I’d expect supporters will make the trip up Mona Vale Road in big numbers.

Socially distanced of course...

To be fair, wankers as they may be, both Iggies and Newport are harmless clubs that I even have a begrudging respect for.

Which is more than I can say for one current div 6 club of absolute bottom feeding vermin with a penchant for committing common assaults on the rugby field.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Socially distanced of course.

To be fair, wankers as they may be, both Iggies and Newport are harmless clubs that I even have a begrudging respect for.

Which is more than I can say for one current div 6 club of absolute bottom feeding vermin with a penchant for committing common assaults on the rugby field.

Your making the lower DIvs sound like the Wild West.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Your making the lower DIvs sound like the Wild West.
Not sure how teams like chatty and covies have done it so long. At least in a higher div you know there isn’t blokes just trying to hit you in the head every chance they get. Wouldn’t want to do it for multiple years put it that way. Maybe it’s the one off league influence this year.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
The other thing is the referees they give you, some of them are just kids... and I hate to say it but they do see some of this stuff happen and let it go because they’re legitimately scared to act, and I can’t say I blame them.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Anyone know how Cowboy Cup works? Mosman are 842 on DIV 1 CC yet they are 1043 on Cowboy Cup ladder. Where does the 200 point boost come from? Being stubbies favourites?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I get the feeling all the planning in the world won't save you there Pfitzy

You are probably right for First Grade at least. Had a very disruptive season with 2 of the toughest clubs up in the first 3 Rounds, and different guys available at different times. Would help if everyone wasn't working night shift.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Nope, their 6th and 7th grades haven’t won a game.

Radford colts are worth x16 CC per point and Mosman have two teams in that comp Coming 1st and 2nd. They must win it every year with 7 grade and 3 colts teams across Divisions.

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Think rugby is gone for 6 weeks!!!
117672796_3460042054006477_4817695224307432475_n.jpg

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sydney is one region surely? Shute Shield may need an exemption for Newcastle.

Read the 1st point and the note at the bottom of the page. It talks about different regions and then the note goes out of their way to talk about inter-regional mixing includes from different regions of Sydney.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Regional, zones and state championships is all aimed at school sport. There is nothing here that is new. If I can go to work and drive from the Blue Mountains to the CBD and then shop in Parramatta on the way home why couldn’t I drive 30 mins on a Saturday to play sport. Regions are Newcastle, Illawarra and Western Plains. I’d say Newcastle is out of Shute Shield.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Read the 1st point and the note at the bottom of the page. It talks about different regions and then the note goes out of their way to talk about inter-regional mixing includes from different regions of Sydney.

Bit in bold is the key part - they start mentioning "parts of Sydney" and yeah it has applications for junior sport BUT clubs HV and HAC are in other "regions" in rural terms.

Where does it stop?

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Bit in bold is the key part - they start mentioning "parts of Sydney" and yeah it has applications for junior sport BUT clubs HV and HAC are in other "regions" in rural terms.

Where does it stop?

It doesn’t as Life goes on. As per above unless they limit movement in society they cannot limit movement on a weekend sporting field. It makes zero difference.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
only thing they may do is reiterate the "turn up, play and leave" edict, unless things take another turn for the worst case numbers wise.