• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The round 1 fixtures will be played on Tuesday 19th September. Presumably that will just be 1st, 2nds, 3rds, but hopefully they can at least do the age group As as well.

Back to the good old days of squeezing in a Waratah Shield game mid week.

Correction: they have changed it since I posted. Round 1 is on Saturday 16th, Round 5 on Tuesday 19th.

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/upcoming-fixtures/

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker, Are Joeys full strength? I think you guys had a few coming back from injury . and I know Scots had a few in the casualty ward . which explained their lacklustre showing against Kings.

Joeys will be full strength. The extra week off has made a difference.
Boys have been ripping in during training taking on some big challenges.

Hog-dog-hunting.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Confirmation that this week Newington will play Shore. Opens, 16s and 13s at Stanmore, 14s and 15s at Northbridge. (A swap to that which occurred in the trial a couple or weeks ago.)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
From the Joeys Headmaster

(relevant bits. I left out the parts were we shall wipe the heathens from the earth blah blah blah.)

Due to time constraints surrounding the organisation of previously scheduled competition and non competition games and activities this weekend, the majority of games will take place this Saturday, 29 August, with some additional internal non-competition games.

Please note that restrictions regarding no spectators will remain in place. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd XV Rugby and 1st XI Football games will continue to be live streamed. Further information about and online access to these live streams are currently being arranged, and will be emailed to the Joeys community in the coming days.

It is worthwhile at this time to reflect on why we play sport and its importance as an extension of all we seek to achieve with our boys in the classroom. The following extract from The Rationale for Sport at St Joseph’s College (1990) provides valuable guidance:

Sport remains an important part of the education provided at St Joseph’s College. . In a way that is natural to exuberant youth, sport – both competitive and recreational – occupies a proportion of the time that is available to the boys after school and on weekends. In doing so, it provides the exercise necessary for good health and adolescent growth, encourages the development of skills, self-confidence . and promotes positive attitudes to exercise and well-being. As a Catholic school, the College draws inspiration for its sports philosophy principally from our Christian tradition, which prizes all activities that contribute constructively to the harmonious and complete development of the whole person – mind, body and soul.

Cerise and blue font. Love it:)

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
The round 1 fixtures will be played on Tuesday 19th September. Presumably that will just be 1st, 2nds, 3rds, but hopefully they can at least do the age group As as well.

Correction: they have changed it since I posted. Round 1 is on Saturday 16th, Round 5 on Tuesday 19th.

KOB

As a fellow Kings parent

Round 1 against Joeys is on Wednesday 16th Sept, Round 5 against Shore is on Saturday 19th Sept

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/upcoming-fixtures/

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)

Correction: Round 4 is to be played on Saturday 12th September, Round 1 is to be played on Wednesday 16th September followed by Round 5 on Saturday 19th September. So 3 games in 7 days.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Brilliant news, now, does anyone know if and where the games are to be live streamed?
I am sure there are plenty of very keen viewers, and as an aside, it would help execute the covid plan.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Brilliant news, now, does anyone know if and where the games are to be live streamed?
I am sure there are plenty of very keen viewers, and as an aside, it would help execute the covid plan.

Yes they will be
EDIT _ I assume it will be on Clutch again

EDIT to the EDIT
1st XV, 2nd XV, 3rd XV Rugby fixtures will be streamed and available via www.cluch.tv, www.bit.ly/cluch-ios and www.bit.ly/cluch-android. The final timings of broadcasts will be available on the platforms; please follow relevant login instructions to register. Note all GPS matches will be available for viewing only until midday following day of match

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Yes they will be
EDIT _ I assume it will be on Clutch again

EDIT to the EDIT
1st XV, 2nd XV, 3rd XV Rugby fixtures will be streamed and available via www.cluch.tv, www.bit.ly/cluch-ios and www.bit.ly/cluch-android. The final timings of broadcasts will be available on the platforms; please follow relevant login instructions to register. Note all GPS matches will be available for viewing only until midday following day of match

Many thanks QH, many people will be extremely happy with this, go Shore!
Whilst being a CAS dad and supporter, with many cousins at View, I actually support Joeys in the GPS !
Probably just burnt myself, but in the end its'all about school boy footy, the BEST!

The Analyser

Bob McCowan (2)
Predictions for the round...
S v J - With antico back for joeys I can’t see them going anywhere but up, my feelings is that the joeys forward pack will dominant. Joeys to win.

K v I - Never can be too sure who’s playing for kings, is suaalli in? Is Penisini in? View looked good against joeys, just lost the fire towards the end of the game. I would have to say View to take the win.

N v E - As we saw 2 weeks ago, the Shore men are more than capable of beating newington, Shores set piece is really what got them the advantage over newington last time, but they couldn’t hold on. With star players back in both teams, I think it makes for a very exciting game. Can shore get their first win in a GPS comp game in 6 Years??? Shore To win

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Predictions for the round.
S v J - With antico back for joeys I can’t see them going anywhere but up, my feelings is that the joeys forward pack will dominant. Joeys to win.

K v I - Never can be too sure who’s playing for kings, is suaalli in? Is Penisini in? View looked good against joeys, just lost the fire towards the end of the game. I would have to say View to take the win.

N v E - As we saw 2 weeks ago, the Shore men are more than capable of beating newington, Shores set piece is really what got them the advantage over newington last time, but they couldn’t hold on. With star players back in both teams, I think it makes for a very exciting game. Can shore get their first win in a GPS comp game in 6 Years??? Shore To win
First in four years for Shore but agree with rest of the summary, a golden opportunity.

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Yes they will be

Quick Hands (& Black & White),

I noted in the revised draw that TAS are out completely and Newington 3rds are playing the last three rounds in their place against Kings, Scots and Joeys. Great that Newington are getting a run in the 3rd XV comp and hope they go well.

Cheers
INP

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
My Predictions:

Joeys at Full Strength to be too good for Scots

Kings at home to prevail in a close one over View (am assuming Kings big money talent not playing)

New to prevail at home against Shore also in a tight one.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Here are my fearless predictions for this week.

Newington v Shore
As Horatio George Nelson learned with his unsuccessful attempt to take Santa Cruz de Tenerife, sometimes you have to lose an arm to win the bigger battle. Shore have done this is spades over the past few years. An eye here, part of a lower leg there, BUT each time the Shoremen have rallied and fought on. The earlier skirmish with the Wookie insurgents from Stanmore showed them they can take the punishment and still hold their own. Newington in the meantime have been putting in the necessary training as seen by the drought of chicken breast and pork products from the local shops. Mothers have been feeding their man mountains in the attempt to overwhelm the smaller lads from North Sydney. I say the Shoremen will do what Nelson did at Trafalgar, get in tight, mix it with the larger, heavier crews and allow discipline to win in the end. Shoremen by 6.

4czfyq.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Scots and Joeys
Many here still remember the times when the Dark Empire ruled the universe with their tanks of terror. In 2018 though word had gotten out that there is a way to play against these one dimensional cyborgs. In 2018 the Death star was penetrated by the cruel bounce of rugby ball and the rest was history. In 2019, the Empire strode across the city to seek revenge on Hunters Hill for the destruction of their legacy. It was though the simple dogged mindedness of the Joeys defense that won this game, plus again, a small chance taken late. Trials have given us a small glimpse into how the battle will be played. Joeys have their 10 back but it will be again the Joeys forwards that decide the result. The scrum needs to hold their own PLUS compete at the lineouts and not concede the ball. Scots will have to watch again for the swiftness of the Joeys boys out wide who gladly frolic past the Scots boy like a spring lamb does to a lazy farmer. My heart says Joeys again but by 5. BTW. Don't trust Cluch...join me at the Cranbrook Road hill.

4czgq1.jpg