• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
What about Mahe Vailanu? I cant believe he isnt in a Super Rugby program.
Been a breakout year for him in SS. Would be pretty close to player of the season if it finished now.

I understand he’s heading to the US at seasons end, no idea on length or if that’s 100% confirmed.

Went through a very similar path to Paisami, hopefully he gets the same 2nd opportunity.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I understand he’s heading to the US at seasons end, no idea on length or if that’s 100% confirmed.

With DC at the LA Giltinis I heard. Not sure when their season starts/finishes. Could potentially play in a semi professional comp then come home into a fully professional one with a super team.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hope this ain't any of us lads. I appreciate the support for Rebels last game of the season but probably can drop the supporters jersey when you're throwing out Sieg Heils.
118694514_10217872911364673_641228497907189423_o.jpg

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Deck the prick.

Great outcome this afternoon. I won't hear a single bad word about it, fumbles and fuck ups and all. Looking forward to the Reds next week!

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
We all understand it’s making the finals in a 5 team comp, but to me it’s about the club been exposed to high pressure games so they aren’t deers in the headlights when they do play them. Just been involved in any sort of finals should help the club and players learn how to handle them. Only positives can come from it.

This can be applied to any of the other Aus teams

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Pretty sure he headed back to Japan and into quarantine late last week. Best bet at this stage is probably sorting out an injury loan from the Force or Waratahs.

How does that work, just out of interest? Presumably they couldn't borrow a front line player like Gordon or Prior, does it have to be someone outside the regular 23?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
How does that work, just out of interest? Presumably they couldn't borrow a front line player like Gordon or Prior, does it have to be someone outside the regular 23?

I have no idea if there is a provision for it or rules around it, but given the bubble setup the other squads would be the only place to look. Prior or Gordon wouldn't be a great look, but the most important part is probably that the borrowed player can only come off the bench for them, not start. As long as that's the case I'd be fine with it I think.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I have no idea if there is a provision for it or rules around it, but given the bubble setup the other squads would be the only place to look. Prior or Gordon wouldn't be a great look, but the most important part is probably that the borrowed player can only come off the bench for them, not start. As long as that's the case I'd be fine with it I think.

Yes, me too. Mitch Short would be a good option.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We all understand it’s making the finals in a 5 team comp, but to me it’s about the club been exposed to high pressure games so they aren’t deers in the headlights when they do play them. Just been involved in any sort of finals should help the club and players learn how to handle them. Only positives can come from it.

This can be applied to any of the other Aus teams
It’s important psychologically for the Rebels. Now they have made finals they know they can in future. Wish the same thing happened with a win in South Africa. That boat has now sailed, unfortunately.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
4 Rebels in the ch.7 club game tomorrow, might be worth a watch.

Syd Uni - Declan Moore at hooker and Kemeny playing 7
Randwick - Eloff at TH and Skelton playing 8.

Easy way to watch is dl the 7plus app.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
4 Rebels in the ch.7 club game tomorrow, might be worth a watch.

Syd Uni - Declan Moore at hooker and Kemeny playing 7
Randwick - Eloff at TH and Skelton playing 8.

Easy way to watch is dl the 7plus app.
Well you have just given me something to do tomorrow arvo