• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU - Semi Final - Reds v Reb

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Well before Super AU started this was the prediction,

Rebels are looking for permission to stay in Sydney Friday night so they don't need to spend 8 hours travelling on game day.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I'll be getting off my arse and getting there this weekend. I got too into sitting on the couch drinking the good stuff and watching Rugba and Rugby.

I am hoping that they show plenty of Blyth's grins on the big screen. That young man pleasures in the tough stuff more than anyone I can think of since Crofty.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Very much looking forward to this. Expecting/hoping to see an unchanged side fore the reds.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Hmmm. So close to getting the "season" complete, praying that it's just a case of a piggie being fucked after running too much and nothing more sinister.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Assuming the Reds don't have a COVID outbreak I'd say the Reds should win this by 15+

I look down the team lists and I don't see too many positions the Reds are much behind on and many where they are very ahead in. Isi vs Wilson should be a cracking contest. I hope for the Rebels they go back to Deegan playing 10 To'omua is a much much better 12.

Otherwise the Reds have form and probably outright more talented (although I think the Rebs are one of the most individually talented teams in World Rugby) but the Rebels are one of those teams who just drag you down into the mud and beat you with experience.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Yeah you'd put the house on the Reds I reckon. To'omua vs JOC (James O'Connor) for the Wallaby 10 jersey will be a cracker, both have been playing well. Big Pone blew a gasket at training so I don't think we'l get to watch him smash into Tupou, which is a shame

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Agreed, Reds will run riot over the hapless Rebels. I would love a Melbourne win but my head tells me if I wanna see a Brumbies cull next week then it's the Reds that need to win.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Yeah you'd put the house on the Reds I reckon. To'omua vs JOC (James O'Connor) for the Wallaby 10 jersey will be a cracker, both have been playing well. Big Pone blew a gasket at training so I don't think we'l get to watch him smash into Tupou, which is a shame

That's a shame, it would have cemented the Reds scrum ascendancy if Pone had been packing down.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)

It's funny, after the Rebels belted the Brumbies a few weeks ago they were favs to beat the Reds. Now the Reds have belted the Brumbies and are massive favorites. I actually think if the Rebels can avoid the 8 hour road trip on the day of the game they will have a chance.

Also depends on who we are starting at Scrum half, hopefully someone is fit to keep Lomani on the pine.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It's funny, after the Rebels belted the Brumbies a few weeks ago they were favs to beat the Reds. Now the Reds have belted the Brumbies and are massive favorites. I actually think if the Rebels can avoid the 8 hour road trip on the day of the game they will have a chance.

Also depends on who we are starting at Scrum half, hopefully someone is fit to keep Lomani on the pine.

It's also the fact that Reds belted the Rebels at Suncorp a few weeks ago, and the Rebels have been looking off since. You're not wrong on the travel though, if they can get around that 8 hour burden by going to Sydney first or coming up to Brisbane early they'll have a much better shot.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

This. If the next two games have onerous travel both away teams are fucked.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Agreed, Reds will run riot over the hapless Rebels. I would love a Melbourne win but my head tells me if I wanna see a Brumbies cull next week then it's the Reds that need to win.

The Rebels have beaten the Brumbies 5 out of the last 7 times they've played. If they get through this game you'd have to give them a chance.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The Rebels have beaten the Brumbies 5 out of the last 7 times they've played. If they get through this game you'd have to give them a chance.

Yep. I would have thought the Rebels will be seriously up for this. On fire even. I'll stick with the Reds for sure, but you Rebels fans should be getting more enthusiastic.

Huge opportunity for both teams. Knock out rugby. Serious shit. Only the serious should apply.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Yep. I would have thought the Rebels will be seriously up for this. On fire even. I'll stick with the Reds for sure, but you Rebels fans should be getting more enthusiastic.

Huge opportunity for both teams. Knock out rugby. Serious shit. Only the serious should apply.

we're new to this whole thing

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
The Rebels dominated a fair portion of both matches v Reds. The first game it was poor game management that cost them in the last couple of minutes.

In the second match the Reds' defence was good but also the Rebels were unlucky, the Rebels came within centimetres of scoring a number of times. For example, somehow JOC (James O'Connor)'s foot denied Naisarani a try.

The monkey is off the Rebels back, the Reds are favourites so I think Rebels will be more relaxed and are a good chance of winning.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)

A bit hard to get up for anything, have not watched a game live since March, can't watch the game in the pub with friends, can't even have friends over to watch the game. It's F@cked

Reactions: dru