• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU - Semi Final - Reds v Reb

B

Bobby Sands

I disagree that Wilkins & Hardwick can/will nullify Wright & McReight, I think Wright & McReight will be significantly better then there Rebels counterparts.
While I agree across the park there are so many match-ups and counters, I think in general the Reds slightly win more of the match ups. The only match up I think the Rebels clearly outright win is Koro vs CFS.

Hand on heart I would take none of them.

You could say To'omua or Koro, but I like our players and wouldn't want to lose any one of them.

Philip would be the closest, but he's not from QLD, so give him heaps Blythey.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Wessells whinging about Tupou being the most penalised player in Super Rugby had me laughing, out of all the regular starting props he is actually the least penalised prop at scrum time.

Just shows how much of a threat Tupou is posing to the opposition when they’re coming out in the media to try and shape the referee their way.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wessells whinging about Tupou being the most penalised player in Super Rugby had me laughing, out of all the regular starting props he is actually the least penalised prop at scrum time.

Just shows how much of a threat Tupou is posing to the opposition when they’re coming out in the media to try and shape the referee their way.

Some healthy mind games Adam. I welcome them, Rugby is too polite.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
WB squad is weak at 2 and 12 (as well as locks). Any opportunity for these two to shine is important.

Only if you think To'omua won't be considered for the 12 spot. And Simone has been the standout No 12 all year. Don't think we'll see either Meakes or Stewart in the gold for a while, barring injuries.

B

Bobby Sands

Only if you think To'omua won't be considered for the 12 spot. And Simone has been the standout No 12 all year. Don't think we'll see either Meakes or Stewart in the gold for a while, barring injuries.

What if Brumbies double choke?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
This. And how good is his distribution? Are we playing a 12 man game or are we playing a full back line?

Only Rennie has those answers but there is a game plan where 10: JOC (James O'Connor) 12: Stewart 13: Petaia makes perfect sense. At international level.

In a Red Universe somewhere. Not saying Stewart won't make it someday, just not yet. And when (if) he does, it will probably almost coincide with the last of JOC (James O'Connor) or To'omua in the team. A couple of years down the track, and I think we'll be seeing Harrison, Lolesio and Pasitoa fighting out the 10 and 12 spots.

B

Bobby Sands

In a Red Universe somewhere. Not saying Stewart won't make it someday, just not yet. And when (if) he does, it will probably almost coincide with the last of JOC (James O'Connor) or To'omua in the team. A couple of years down the track, and I think we'll be seeing Harrison, Lolesio and Pasitoa fighting out the 10 and 12 spots.

QLD will produce more players for everyone by that time.

Let’s just enjoy the ones we have now.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pretty sure rebels have been given clearance to stay at Sydney Airport hotel tonight, which will lessen the travel burden.

It will cut almost 4hrs off their trip time (2hrs each way). The last time they did a 23hr day by the time they got home.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

I am just glad to see a rugby story about two Australian teams getting publicity in Australia, and about a THP too!!!

2020 is a crazy year!

When was the last Prop story that got covered? The Smith twins Biltong business and Matt Dunning kicking a field goal is about it. It is normally a quick complaint about resetting scrums at the end of a story about an NRL prospect.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Speaking to mates who don’t follow rugby, Tupou seems to have some notoriety in the sporting world as the YouTube bloke who actually turned into a legitimate footy star. I think he’s a very marketable bloke and story, it would be good if he got some more exposure and hopefully that opened up the game to non traditional audiences.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I disagree that Wilkins & Hardwick can/will nullify Wright & McReight, I think Wright & McReight will be significantly better then there Rebels counterparts.
While I agree across the park there are so many match-ups and counters, I think in general the Reds slightly win more of the match ups. The only match up I think the Rebels clearly outright win is Koro vs CFS.
I think it is good match up as Wilkins been playing well and Hardwick recent games been immense - think it could be great contest there but I can’t see Rebels under Wessels doing it as just a team that lacks cohesion and fluidity in there play

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm looking forward to the 6-7-8 battle. The Reds are highly favoured by Reds fans, but would need to back it up in a game like this. Ditto the claims of the Rebel supporters for their back row.

Reds should really take this and take it well. 15 on 15 though and anything can happen.

Go Red. :)

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Tupou is my favourite player by a stretch, but hopefully he pulls a heart string and gets a rest after 5 mins

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
My take on best players in their selected starting positions for today's match. Couple of close ones.

1. Orr
2. Ulese
3. Thor
4. Phillip
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. Tate
10. JOC (James O'Connor) / To'omua
11. Daugunu / Koro
12. Stewart
13. Petaia
14. CFS
15. Jock / DHP

16. Mafi
17. Smith
18. Gibbon
19. TTT / Stolberg
20. ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
21. Sorovi
22. Hegarty (for versatility)
23. Hunter

Made a point of being impartial. Still heavy on the Reds. / indicating I cannot split them.

Hoping for a good fast game and not a grind fest.

C'arn the Reds!

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Let's go Rebels
15999013429483059848711943656006.jpg