• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Au Final - Brumbies v Reds

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
For some reason, even with the teams being so well matched i feel like this wont be a close game. The Brumbies having that extra weeks rest and at home, ive got them winning by 12-15. Hope its close though

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So Brumbies rolling out their 5th halves combination in as many game, at least these two played a fair bit of rugby together at the start of the year, the Brumbies backline looked incredibly disjointed in their last match

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Do you remember the Reds game against the Crusaders at Canterbury in March last year, which they lost 24 -20.
The Reds refused to take a backward step and outscored the Super Rugby champions four tries to three in an effort that should have been rewarded with a match win -they scored 4 tries to 3 by the Crusaders, but failed to convert any.
If they play anywhere like that against the Brumbies, and they should play even better now, then the poor nags won't know what hit them. I expect a bigger margin than the 26 -7 towelling at Suncorp.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Do you remember the Reds game against the Crusaders at Canterbury in March last year, which they lost 24 -20.
The Reds refused to take a backward step and outscored the Super Rugby champions four tries to three in an effort that should have been rewarded with a match win -they scored 4 tries to 3 by the Crusaders, but failed to convert any.
If they play anywhere like that against the Brumbies, and they should play even better now, then the poor nags won't know what hit them. I expect a bigger margin than the 26 -7 towelling at Suncorp.

On the flipside, the Reds haven't won a match outside of Queensland this year.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
If the Reds can gain a lead they'll run away with it. If the Brumbs can keep it close then I suspect they'll get it done -- they just know how to win.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
WHAT!
Partner having a baby or something.

Rugby tickets
Reds v Brumbies
Super Rugby final GIO stadium ACT

This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine from work has two tickets in a corporate box. He paid $800 each, but he didn't realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at St Stephens cathedral, at 4.30pm. The bride's name is Megan, she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook.

M10

Stan Wickham (3)
Damn, just found out it's going to be the Gardner show again. Well, there go the prospects for a good quality game of rugby :(

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Let’s just hope the Reds havent already played their Grand Final, they’ve had some big games the last few weeks, it will either work for them by carrying over the form and confidence, or against them if they’ve emotionally and mentally spent themselves.

Reactions: dru

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Let’s just hope the Reds havent already played their Grand Final, they’ve had some big games the last few weeks, it will either work for them by carrying over the form and confidence, or against them if they’ve emotionally and mentally spent themselves.

I have a feeling that their shellacking by the Tahs might just have given them the motivation and the mental strength to go all the way. One thing that Thorn is surely good at, is inculcating a winning philosophy. Play for each other. Leave nothing out there. No excuses.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
So Brumbies rolling out their 5th halves combination in as many game, at least these two played a fair bit of rugby together at the start of the year, the Brumbies backline looked incredibly disjointed in their last match

I have a feeling McKellar had a plan some games out with Lolesio looking to be on track for this for a while. They would have been trying things/painting a particular picture in that last Brumbies / Reds game. You never want to show all your cards early. I have no doubt that they'll have a very clear approach to this game.

The Reds I feel may just have the grit and flow to get it done. So much of this game will be mental as I can see either team winning this if they put their best foot forward. I just hope its a cracker that is tight right till the end.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
This whole comp has had a distinct NRC flavour to it, and we all know what Canberra teams do in the NRC; make the final and balls it up.

Happy

Dave Cowper (27)
The last time the Brumbies played the Reds they stood very deep in attack. They hadn’t done that the whole year then suddenly did in a dead rubber against their likely finals opponent.

I don’t think there was any doubt they already had Lolesio selected for the final and were showing the Reds something completely different than they will see tonight.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If Lolesio comes back tonight and runs a commanding performance as the Brumbies from 10, then he deserves a shot at the Wallaby 10. Not an easy task been out injured for so long to come back in a GF and step up.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Have you seen Blyths special GF haircut yet? Check out the Reds insta story. It’ll take some beating!

As for the game, my heart says Reds but head says Brumbies. I reckon they kept some of their powder dry from the last match up, and the week off is a huge help. Really hoping I’m wrong. Go Reds!