• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I can't understand why they never scheduled a 5th Bledisloe test. They wanted to get maximum revenue by having two on each side of the Tasman so why stop at 4?

They are playing 2 in NZ and 2 in Australia (doubling as RC matches).

Imagine if the Wallabies tied the series 2-2? NZ would retain the cup.

Fans on both sides would be extremely discontent with a drawn series.
Three would have been better. Or one. Less games we play against your lot the better.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
You guys reckon we’ll take two from the ABs? Wow.

Agree, can't see it happening to be honest.
Your squad is very young, reminds me of how the Wallabies squad started out post-2007 under Deans.

Took until 2010 (3 years) for the squad to mature and start fulfilling their potential.

I would give Rennie heaps of leeway, I'd expect his work to fully bear-fruit in 3 years time.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’d be pretty happy with a drawn series. This is a very young group. Expectations should not be too lofty initially.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There were some stats on twitter that compared the ruck speed pre and post the break for Aotearoa and Super Rugby AU. Basically the AU comp was the same whilst the NZ comp had much quicker ruck speed. There’s been very little defensive ruck work and defence in NZ lately - especially the Mitre10 Cup. I think our comp is much closer to Test match intensity. Could be wrong but that’s how I see it.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
There were some stats on twitter that compared the ruck speed pre and post the break for Aotearoa and Super Rugby AU. Basically the AU comp was the same whilst the NZ comp had much quicker ruck speed. There’s been very little defensive ruck work and defence in NZ lately - especially the Mitre10 Cup. I think our comp is much closer to Test match intensity. Could be wrong but that’s how I see it.

As someone who watched both, the defensive intensity of the Super Rugby Aotearoa sides was simply on another level.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Agree, can't see it happening to be honest.
Your squad is very young, reminds me of how the Wallabies squad started out post-2007 under Deans.

Took until 2010 (3 years) for the squad to mature and start fulfilling their potential.

I would give Rennie heaps of leeway, I'd expect his work to fully bear-fruit in 3 years time.

He'll be given plenty of rope but three years? He'll have go have at least something to show after 3 years.